iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A ForestryForum kind of day.

Started by DanG, April 27, 2006, 11:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Yep, that's the kind of day it was.  It started about 9 this morning when I got a call from Mike-P, the RustReaper guy.  We had a nice little chat about the Forum and RustReaper, and his plans to come to the Moultrie show this year.  I sure hope that works out.  He'll get a whole bunch of good exposure out of it, and meet a bunch of Forum members as well.  I bought a bunch of the 1 oz. bottles from him to pass around to people I think will appreciate it.  He gave me a real good price, so it's a win-win, as I have something of value to pass around without breaking the bank, and he gets some exposure among people who never heard of this fine product.  Y'all oughta try it. ;)

Then at about 10:45, Slabs and Woodbowl, along with his son Judson pulled in for a visit. BOY, did we ever visit. ;D 8) 8)  We talked sawmilling, after the howdy-dos were done, then finished up the log that was on when I ran out of gas yesterday.  Then we made a pot of coffee and kept moving our chairs to a shady spot, till Woodbowl started grousing about being hungry.  So we scooted up to Wingate's Fish Camp, in the edge of Georgia and fed our faces.  On the way back, we stopped at Mr. Hootie's superior junk yard and perused his 50 years of mistakes for a couple of hours.  When we got back here, we found that our chairs were in the sun again, so we moved them to the shade and went back to what we was there for.  We solved a few of the world's problems, and had a bunch of laughs and plundered in some of my barns till about 8:30, when they decided they just had to go.  I coulda kept it up till at least Midnite! ;D 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

scsmith42

Now that sounds like a DanG good day!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

woodbowl

Slabs is about as handy as a shirt pocket. He's a whiz at electronics and trouble shooting different components. Going to Hooties always takes more time than we've got. If you had an idea about something you wanted to get, that thought will soon be replaced with "look at all this stuff" I could build this and this and .............
     Here's a shot of DanG and Slabs trying to figure out what to spend the money on.

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

beenthere

Now woodbowl, you can do better on that pic resizing than that postage stamp.  ::) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

crtreedude

DanG - are you implying that a ForestryForum kind of day is a lot of jawing without much getting done?  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

woodbowl

Yea, I know. I'm still using paint. It's quick, easy and came with my computor. I've got xat downloaded for a year now, just in too big a rush to learn it.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Part_Timer

Any day with friends is a good day.

since your solving world problems could ya figure out why my BIL can't figure out how to keep his mouth shut long enough to keep a job. :D   some kids.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Tom

I know Tom!

Arrogance, a lack of humility and little if no self discipline.

"The devil made me say it."

Jodi

Kinda sounds like you guys had a pigless pigroast, and without the rest of the members.  :)

brdmkr

That does sound like a good day.  One of these days, I have to make me one of those Mr. Hootie runs.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

DanG

Jodi, there weren't nuthin pigless about this pig roast.  Woodbowl, Slabs and yers truly all had pig at Wingate's.  Judson took advantage of the fact that Slabs was pickin' up the tab, and he had Shrimp.  It was kinda funny watchin' WB and Judson negotiatin' just how much of his BBQ pork WB was gonna have to give up for one of them shrimpses.  They finally came to terms, so we all had some piggy. 8) 8)  We woulda had some home-cooked DanG good piggy, but hormones seem to have gotten in the way.  These Wrens, ya see, have selected a spot right under the fire pan of my grill, to build a nest.  I watched'em building it, but then didn't see any activity, so I looked inside yesterday morning.  There was a little biddy egg, bout the size of a peanut in there.  I opened it up when we got back from Mr. Hootie's, just to show the guys, and there was 2 of'em!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

Quote from: Jodi on April 28, 2006, 09:11:30 PM
Kinda sounds like you guys had a pigless pigroast, and without the rest of the members.  :)

:D :D :D :D :D And where have you been young lady? We have not heard from you in a while. BTW, did Paul find a spade?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

getoverit

Sounds like you guys had a good time. All that was missing was some of olin's banjo picking to round off the day ;) 
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Part_Timer

Tom

Your right on the money.

No matter who made ya say it

tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Slabs

Hey All

I guess it's about my time to belly up and add my comments to this thread on the visit with DanG.

I've been looking forward to that for some time now and I'll have to say that the wait was worth it even though the wait wasn't necessary.  It just happened that way.

DanG  is a most wonderful host and woodbowl is a great traveling companion especially with Judson.  If we didn't get any work done we certainly carried on  what I believe should have been a FF tradition of camaraderie.  The weather was great, the bugs weren't out yet and the fellowship was impeccable.  I'm the googeler in the junkyard with all the "I can make something with that" attitude.  It's a good thing that there's nothing near me with that kind of potential or my yard might be a mini "Hootieville".  Yeah, I'm the original gadgeteer/klugemeister.  I love to create/make junk and almost live for it. 

I just hope many more of you can have the wonderful experience that I did.

Most Sincerely

Slabs
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

kcpalmer

Sounds like DanG does what he does best  jawling and sawing :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!