iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just curious about your unwinding music...

Started by Phil, November 25, 2002, 02:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

My unwinding music is me playing my guitar...usually poorly....:D

I recorded this over a youtube clip I found...... A cover of Bruce Springsteen song

https://soundcloud.com/igneroid/01-streets-cover
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

dnalley

Me, too.  Wish I could play that"poorly".  But I enjoy what little I can do.

dnalley

Should have added this before, but I don't know how to edit a post.  I really enjoy and admire Doc Watson, both as a musician and the man he was.  Met a guy a few years back that I enjoy a lot....  Russ Barenberg.  You might have heard him playing guitar on the Ken Burns  special about the civil war a while back on the song "Ashoken Farewell".  Quite a song.  Really like to listen to "Transatlantic Sessions" on utube.

beenthere

dnalley
QuoteShould have added this before, but I don't know how to edit a post.
Go to your post, and you will see the "Modify" button to click (upper right), and your post will open for any editing you want to do to it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

Anyone listening to Sturgill Simpson?He has some good stuff out.
al glenn

Black_Bear

Pink Floyd's full length version of Shine on You Crazy Diamond. Mostly instrumental and an excellent composition from some old school musicians.

Planman1954

Here's a video of our band REUNION. That's me on the left jumping around with my hands on three keyboards. It's just like catching flies trying to play all at once! But it sure is fun.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=c0NDr7meewc
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Martha White Nelson

Love the music, Planman1954... Especially the transitions between songs!  Smooth!
Martha

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Planman, you've been holding out on us!  We're going to have to change your handle to SoulMan!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Planman1954

Hey...I've played in bands since I was eleven! I design homes to pay for all my hobbies...music, woodworking, writing, solving the JFK assassination, or whatever else I get into! Life is for living, and I love to learn new things. Music has always been a constant for me though.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

I have a new favorite artist.  Dylan Leblanc.
A little bit Roy Orbison meets Kurt Cobain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH4aXAsy1wE

elk42

Mooseherder I like it and when I looked at his name I said he must be from Louisiana.
They are thick as hair on a dogs back in Louisiana.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Mooseherder

I heard this jingle as background music on the One America News network in their Weather temperature graph for the United States. 
Searching for the artist lead me to this site which is interesting in itself.  I couldn't download the song from iTunes but am able to listen to the different versions or mixes here for free.  I like them all but think #3 is my favorite.  I have been able to download a dozen other songs on iTunes from Terry Devine-King.  I best describe it as Orchestral Rock.  Pretty talented and accomplished fellow.
https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/new-reality_6241#

newoodguy78

I'm glad this thread resurfaced. Music is such a wonderful thing to me. I've got very diverse interests in music. My tast like most is dependent on my mood.

I do have to say though Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule is always near the top of my list. Was fortunate enough to see Gov't mule this summer. For anyone that enjoys drums checking out a Matt Abts drum solo is a must. Man is that guy talented.

sandsawmill14

i VERY rarely listen to any music but when i do its almost alway country/bluegrass from the 90s back is best :) they aint much country in this new country music imo ;)

my favorite sounds to unwind to is listening to the whooper wills call in warm weather i miss them when they are gone but know they will be back next spring  :)  when we were kids the rule was you had to wear shoes till the whooper wills started hollering then we could go bare footed :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

coalsmok

I listen to blue grass/ gospel blue grass as well as older 90s as back country.
Sandsawmill14 how many of the song that you like come on during the Saturday night classics radio show?  Took a trip the other day and was really enjoying the radio thinking man they are playing a lot of good hits then realized it was the classics show.  I didn't think I was that old yet but I sure remembered when most of what they were playing was new🙄

sandsawmill14

:D :D :D yep dont cha hate it when that happens :D :D :D  thats why i rarely listen to the radio :-\ here on saturday mornings there is a mississippi station that plays the old bluegrass ( bill monroe and those guys) for a couple of hours and i try to listen to it sometimes but thats about it :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Raider Bill

Heading to a Boney James concert tomorrow!!

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Brucer

A new CD appeared at the top of my unwinding music list at Christmas -- "Blue & Lonesome" by the Rolling Stones. It was released just before Christmas and it's the very first Album/CD they made that's 100% blues -- which is kind of interesting, since they got their start covering Chicago Blues in small clubs around the UK.

And right now, I've got a second favourite to add to that list. Barb got a Dion CD for her birthday (remember Dion and the Belmonts?) and we're listening to it right now -- "Bronx in Blue". Classic blues with just Dion DiMucci, an acoustic guitar, and a bit of percussion.

The interesting thing about both CD's is that they were each recorded in just a 2 or 3 days with no overdubs.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Mooseherder

Thank You Sponsors!