iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thoughts on come-along 'stand'.

Started by foose89, April 27, 2006, 10:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foose89

I need the ability to hoist log ends up so that I can place a set of saw stallions  appropriately. My initial thoughts center on a taller saw horse design with a  mount point for a come along. Any comments.

sprucebunny

That will work if your tall horses are very strong.

You can save some height by anchoring your come-along at the bottom and having a block/sheave mounted at the top.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

rbarshaw

I welded two I-beams as legs to an I-beam cross piece with a couple braces, with a pipe welded to the bottom of each leg having the ends curled up and a couple of braces from the pipe to its leg. I've used it as a engine lift and a stump puller and a post puller. You just tie a rope to each leg and slide it over whatever you want to lift. Works good with my 2000# chainfall and you can make the legs as long as you want, as long as the pipes on the bottom are long enough to keep it from tipping.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

foose89

isawlogs

I built this a few years ago be abled to take the sand spreader out of my truck , It is 4 X 6 uprights and 6 X 8 main beam  5 X 5 cross peices and 4 X 4 braces , I have an I bolt through the center and hook my winch or come along to it and hook the sander to it and lift it up .

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!