iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HELP--She's Blowin her TOP

Started by Fla._Deadheader, April 26, 2006, 10:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

There is a picture of the Meziadin river on here someplace, where it meets the Nass river. The Mez is sky blue and the Nass is milk white. The Mez flows from a lake that filtered out the silt from the glaciers.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

crtreedude

This comes from the Volcano Ternorio - amazing looking for sure.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Ironwood

Well, Glacial flour can color streams and river near the source. The flour settle out pretty close to the source. More than likely the river in the picture if near volcanic activity could have other dissolved particulates or even gases . Lots of unique things can occur in volcanic zones, (like Yellowstone). Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

SwampDonkey

The 'flour' in the Nass and the Skeena Rivers is suspended from glacier to ocean. Fast moving rivers and she's a long trip.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

Report just in is, She's REALLY blowin her top. Evacuations under way. This outta be good viewin.  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Have you done any sight seeing south of you a bit, Harold.  This might be a good time to go look. :D

crtreedude

The last time Arenal really acted up was back in 2000 - it tends to be cyclic like this. Should be great viewing for Jeff and Tammy - just not too close!

Tom

Do Y'all furnish the hot-dogs or shoud they bring their own? :D

swampy

Pictures!!!!!!!  We need pictures!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;)
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

Fla._Deadheader

We HAD lots or Grits, but, SOMEONE packed them in a cardboard box.  ::) ::) >:(

We DO have lots of meeses that are converted to Grits, AND, we don't hafta cook'em  ::) ::)

Lots a cloud cover, so, may not get a view  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

crtreedude

One of the things that make you go "hmmm" here is seeing volcanic rock. As I told Harold on the phone - if he goes down into the valley - FARTHER away from the volcano - he can see volcanic rocks from the 1968 eruption.

Not much danger of that now - this was when it blew it's top.

But they are thought provoking...  ::)

swampy

well get some close-up shots :o :o. What are ya scaret. ;D ;D  Been away from the gators too long and done gone and lost your nerve. :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

Jeff

Tell em Ed! :D   Them are all old photos Fred. This should be cool hope she is still spoutin some when we get there.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

swampy

We want to see lava on the camera lens :o :o :o :o ;D ;D :D :D

Teri

:D :D :D :D :D

Yeah, what brother swampy said!!!

crtreedude

Swampy, you got an insurance policy that you haven't told Harold about...  ;)

swampy

Not yet, but I might :D :D.  I can get away with this stuff now he is too far away to ground me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom

I want to see you cookin' hotdogs over that thing with a coat hanger. :D

swampy

Now there's a photo. A hotdog on a coat hanger cookin as the river of lava flows by. 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D

crtreedude

I like mine boiled - hot springs anyone?  ::)

swampy

I keep hearing about this lake at the bottom. Just throw in a pack on a stick and they should cook up pretty quick. And get some photos while your there ;D ;D :D :D :D.

Thank You Sponsors!