iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Our Debt to the Forest

Started by Patty, April 26, 2006, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

This sentiment is in a book I am reading. I thought it was very nice.

Our Debt to the Forest
author unknown

Trees are surely amoong the best chosen gifts of nature to man.
From rain and from the scorching sun they afford shelter, whilst from the pressure of the blast they protect our homes and gardens.

They provide the matchstick from which we procure a light and the log that blazes in the grate. They give us the door by which we enter our dwelling, the beam and rafter that support our roof, the floor on which we tread.

For our meals they give us the table, for our rest the bed. For our house-hold and farm tools the handle, for our travel the boat; for our evening smoke the pipe, for our worship the chuch pew.

At life's beginning they present us with the cradle, at our journey's end the coffin.

Music is in their leaves, nourishment in their fruits. Whether in vast forests, in woodlands, in stately avenues, in parks and gardens, or standing in solitary grace, they furnish almost a third part of the whole world's beauty.

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

getoverit

Thank you Patty !

That is the whole reason I'm in the business that I am. It is a fitting statement indeed.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

EZ

Thanks Patty.
I often think of all the things that trees are for, but my favorite thing about them is taking a nap under them on a hot sunny day. ;D
EZ

sprucebunny

I think I'll make a little plaque with that on it to have on the wall.

Thanks, Patty.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Part_Timer

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!