iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ron Scott and Tom C

Started by Jeff, November 24, 2002, 05:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Ron Scott and I met on the internet on a forestry forum over at about.com. I guess that's been several years ago. Ron knew all the things that I yearned to know about and was willing to answer my questions. For a long time I didn't even know that he lived in my home state.

Well to make a long story short, it turned out Ron lives only about 40 minutes N.W. of my place and we have become friends. Ron was very instrumental in helping this forum get going on its onset. He agreed to be our first ask the forester not only here but also on the Timber Buyers Network . He has shared his many years of knowledge freely and professionally and for one, I would like to thank him and wish him a Happy Birthday Today.  

Happy Birthday my friend!

Tom Cadenhead's Birthday is Tomorrow. What can I say about Tom? Should I talk about how he has shared his knowledge with this forum? How he makes everyone here feel like they belong to a family of friends even after a day or so? You all know that and more but what I really want to say is that Tom Cadenhead is my friend. I consider him one of the truest and dearest friends I have had in my life.

Our families spent last day after Christmas through New years together in Florida and there Tom taught me to see. After over 20 years of sawing and thinking I was a sawyer, I found that I was not. That week I learned from Tom to look at logs and trees and wood with not only my eyes but with my head and my heart. That week I became a sawyer.

Happy birthday a day early Tom and thank you.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

A nice happy B day from out here one the Wesdt Coadt too, Ron and Tome.  I too have really appreciated the wonders of wisdom we have all been able to gleen from these fine folks. We are really fortunate to have such insight filled folks on the forum.  May you be blessed with many more happy days of life celebration. 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

RavioliKid

Happy birthday, Ron and Tom!

You guys are the real deal!

:-* :-*
RavioliKid

Tom

Ah-h shucks....... :-[  y'all are great.  Thanks :)
Happy Birthday Ron !  

Bro. Noble

Happy Birthday guys,

I hope someday to be able to shake your hands as well as those of a bunch of other forum members.

I'm looking forward to meeting Rick and Perry this Friday.

One of the things I'm thankful for this year is finding all of you new friends on the forum.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Fla._Deadheader

I've only been around here a short time, and you all know the problems I have had, trying to get my log recovery operation going. Well, after posting last night about losing my log buyer for who knows how long,  Tom comes along and offers me some info that COULD lead to me getting work for and FROM one of his customers. I replied that I am NOT a bandmill sawyer, just Circle saw. His reply was "I will help you any way I can". I plan on contacting his customer tomorrow and IF I get an appointment to see him, You can bet I WILL find Tom and shake his hand.  8)

My hat is definitely off to you sir !!! Thank you and have a VERY Happy Birthday,  ;) ;)  Harold

OOOPPS, Sorry Ron. Got caught up in the moment. Happy Birthday to you also.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tillaway

Have a good one and many more! 8)
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

DonT

Kevin_H.

Happy Birthday to both of you.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Ron Scott

Thanks all for the Birthday recognitions. I still feel young for my age. Spent the day in the woods deer hunting and shot my second buck this season. Small rack but a big body. The long drag up hill with no snow was a work out. Will rest tomorrow.

Tom,

Happy Birthday to you. Have fun!!

~Ron

Noble_Ma

Happy Birthday guys.  Hope you have many more.

DanG

I wish both of you gentlemen the happiest of birthdays. The two of you are, in large part, what makes the ForestryForum what it is. I thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with us.

DanG

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

Happy Birthday Tom and Ron,and a sincere thanks to both of you for the help,and knowledge you've passed on.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Bill Johnson

Happy Birthday Ron and Tom I wish you all the best.
Bill

OneWithWood

Happy birthday Ron and Tom!
Many thanks for the wisdon you have shared and will share long into the future.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

CHARLIE

Belated Happy Birthday Ron! And may you have many more.8)

So......I called Brother Tom this morning to wish him a happy birthday. He didn't answer the phone. Why? Well, I found out he was outside sawing up 1000 board feet of oak for a customer.  ::)  He must like to saw...... ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodman

Happy Birthday n thanks for all the help.
Jim Cripanuk

Corley5

Happy B-Days guys!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

whitepe

Happy Birthday a few days late Ron and Tom,

I agree with Jeff that it is guys like you that make us
feel welcome in the Forum.  You are probably aware
of my philosophy that one can't have too many chainsaws.
Well the same applies here.
One can't have too many friends.  

It is obvious that we all share a common bond and that
is love and respect for trees and wood.

I am really glad that I ran into Jeff at the Woodmizer
20th in Indy this summer.  I certainly feel that the Forum
has given more to me than I have given to it.

Best Regards,
Perry

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Thank You Sponsors!