iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The seven wonders.

Started by Tillaway, November 23, 2002, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tillaway

group of students was asked to list what they thought were the present Seven Wonders of the World. Though there was some disagreement, the following got the most votes:

1. Egypt's Great Pyramids
2. Taj Mahal
3. Grand Canyon
4. Panama Canal
5. Empire State Building
6. St. Peter's Basilica
7. China's Great Wall

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one quiet student hadn't turned in her paper, so she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list.

The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many." The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help."

The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the Seven Wonders of the World are:

1. to see
2. to taste
3. to touch
4. to hear

She hesitated a little, and then added,

5. to feel
6. to laugh
7. and to love

The room was so full of silence you could have heard a pin drop. Those things we overlook as simple and "ordinary" are truly wondrous. This is a gentle reminder that the most precious things in life cannot be bought.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Frank_Pender

Amen, Tillaway.  That is why I became a teacher, because "from the mouths of babes" I would often have to stop and thank them for their insight to living  life. :P  Thank you for the great reminder, as well as for the awareness of the greatness for today, yesterday and all of my tomorrows. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Frank Pender

woodbeard

Or they could be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Then, you get to see them all over again. :)

woodmills1

just some truth

question from my last freshman science test

Why does bouncing require more force or impulse than just stopping?

answer from one of my students

Gravitys down with that.

SPECIAL :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bro. Noble

Woodmills,

Things must have been a hell of a mess before they passed that gravity law.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

woodman

Jim Cripanuk

woodmills1

here is one from yesterday when I asked one of the girls in my freshman science class why she wasn't using her time to complete the homework that the rest of the class was working on.

me   J____ how come you are not working like everyone else?

her   (flip)  obviously I am going to drop out of school

me   Well, how old are you?

her   obviously I am not quiting till next year. :o :o :o
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!