iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NO FIRE

Started by J.J, April 21, 2006, 09:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.J

I LIVE IN NY  AND THE  FIRE OFFICIALS HAS PUT A WARNING OUT NO MORE OPEN FIRE UNTIL WE GET SOME RAIN. LATELY IT HAS BEEN BRUSH FIRE AND GRASS FIRE
ONE RIGHT AFTER ANOTHER . ONE GRASS FIRE GOT OUT OF HAND AND STARTED A HOUSE ON FIRE NO ONE WAS HURT . THE HOUSE WAS LOST

IS IT DRY WHERE YOU LIVE?

Brian_Rhoad

Here in Lebanon County PA we got an open fire/burn ban yesterday. We're supposed to get as much as 3" of rain this weekend!

DanG

We've been under a burn ban for weeks, but we got 2" of rain a few nights ago.  I've burned 2 piles of slabs since. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

A developer was burning slash near here on Wednesday and sparks landed on the cedar shake roof of a neighboring golf clubhouse which burned to the ground. Apparently he had a permit and was following regulations but stuff happens. Why do they continue to build with cedar shake roofs?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Real dry here.No fire permits.Had alot of fires here a few days ago.One got started by fireworks,which are illegal here.One county called out every fire dept in that county.Looks like some rain in coming in.We need it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cedarman

You folks can have some of our rain.  We are 5 or 6 inches over normal and seems to rain lots every other day. Mushrooms are growing fine though.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Qweaver

Rain, Rain and more rain here in central WV.  I've been back at work here since last Monday and have had a few clear days but more rainy than clear.  It's been raining steadily since about 10pm last night.  No worries about fires here. 

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Sawyerfortyish

It's so dry here the neighbor plowing a field almost can't get the plows in the ground. Yet on my logging job 2 or 3 passes in one area and i'm in knee deep mud on a mountain side go figure.

scsmith42

It's very dry in North Carolina, and I'd sure like to see some rain for the pasture's sake...

About three weeks ago there was a large brush fire that stopped about 1/2 mile from the house.  Definitely got my attention.  Fortunately the Forest Service brought out a fire tanker plane and they got it under control by the end of the day.   Still makes you think twice though...
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

wiam

No ban in VT but the forest fire warden in town stopped issuing permints until rain.

Will

Redonthehead

Very dry here in west MO. Planted corn is not sprouting and we expect a big crop of armyworms in the pastures.

BTW - Howdy - I'm the new guy. Not a forester or logger. just a wanna-be land mogul!

sawguy21

Wannabe land moguls are always welcome :D :D :D Pull up a stump to the fire.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jackpine

It's been dry here in central Wi., no outdoor burning allowed for the last two weeks. They even ask people not to smoke if they are in a wooded or grassey area.

Rain was in the forcast for today but we got about ½" of pea size hail instead. The ground was white for about two hours. At least it melted slowly enough to sink in a little and maybe do some good :)

Bill

Sawyerfortyish

Rained hard here all last night. The streams are starting to raise to normal hights. The trees all popped out in leaf since it started rainning.

maple flats

We were real dry here til late Friday night. Rain off and on ever since. More forcast for everyday this week except 1. Seems it is either too dry or too wet. Some year it would be nice if we had 1/2-3/4" slow rain every third night and sun all day, bet that will never happen.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

breederman

maple flats    Did you get all the rain that we did?  Over 3 inchs.
Together we got this !

Coon

No fire!!! No kidding!!!  I wonder why we can't have a fire here?   Hmmmm does wet wood burn too???   :D :D :D

We are very wet here.  The snow is gone FOR NOW but we still keep getting rain a little bit at a time enough that the ground doesn't have time to suck it up into the atmosphere.  The creeks have been running for over two weeks now and would usually be finished running after about 10 days.  They are still running enough that it only took just over 8 minutes to travel a mile in a 14 foot aluminum canoe with two of us and about 100 lbs of goods.

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Sprucegum

I finally got out to the woodlot last weekend - its dry as a bone  :-\

I should have needed 4-wheel drive and a winch but I didn,t even get my shoes wet.

Now I gotta inspect all my firefighting gear and keep it handy  :(

Qweaver

I just got the last screws in my new saw shed extension roof today as the rain moved in again.  My house building is on hold until we get some dry days strung together.

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Thank You Sponsors!