iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Charlie had a visitor!

Started by CHARLIE, April 20, 2006, 11:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Burlkraft drove all the way over to New Richmond today to visit me and brought me some real neat turning wood!  A nice chunk of quilted maple and some burl redwood. I hope I can make something real nice from the wood to do it justice.  He got here about noon and we visited a little bit over a cup of coffee. Then after a quick visit to show him my shop we drove to Stillwater, Minnesota for a BBQ lunch at Famous Dave's Barbecue.  Then back to the house for a little more visiting before he left for the long drive home. I sure did enjoy meeting Steve and really appreciated his visit. 8)  I reckon I'm gonna have to travel that way to try the coffee out in the Madison area sometime in the near future.

Burlkraft standing in front of Charlie's shop.

Burlkraft, Dave and Charlie after a lunch at Famous Dave's BBQ in Stillwater, Minnesota.

I sure did enjoy my day! 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

chet

:D  Somehow Famous Daves and Charlie Cadenhead in da same thread don't surprise me.  :D  :D  :D

Don't forget it's Judy's and my turn ta buy next time.  ;)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

DanG

Ain't it just great getting those little visits from Forum members?  I get one once in a while, and it always makes it a special day.  Brdmkr was just here yesterday.  He only lives 25 miles away, but it is still special to have him here.  We talk about all of you folks and what has been said, and compare notes on how we feel about certain issues.  Visiting on the Forum is great, but there ain't no substitute for a good ol' face to face chinwag. ;D 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

CHARLIE

;D Chet! You sure did pick up on that fast!  You'll have to let me know the next time you are headed to Rochester.  I might even spring for a Wobbly Pop or two.

DanG, while Steve was here I thought about you sitting outside by a fire chewing the fat with you Forum visitors.  I was gonna do that here out behind the shop but it was raining pretty hard when we got back from lunch and Steve said he didn't wanna drive home wet. :D 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!