iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trees 'n Leaves 'n Things

Started by Tom, June 05, 2001, 09:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I found myself on the brink of acquiring another tree.  Before I spent this exulting moment frivolously I decided to search for some exhilarating statement to recognize the achievement.

First to come to mind was Joyce Kilmer's "Trees" but, even though it is a great poetic statement, It is a bit trite for this occasion.

Then "The Liberty Tree" by Thomas Paine was considered but, frankly, I find it a little stiff and, although patriotic, a bit on the lecture side of discourse.

Voila !!  Just what I was looking for. A poem by a 1st grade pupil named Emma.

I Have A Leif
I have a littil leif it fial on a rok.
Wen I chut the time it was nine acolk.
I had to go in no more time to play.
I wil get you agan a uver day.
          (translation)
          I Have A Leaf
I have a little leaf, it fell on a rock.
When I checked the time, it was nine o'clock.
I had to go in, no more time to play.
I will get you again, another day.

So if everything goes right here comes another tree!
  :)

RavioliKid

Congratulations on your latest acquisition!

What are you going to get?

And, who is Emma?

BTW, Emma is one of my favorite girl names.

RavioliKid

Tom

Hey Ravioli,

I don't know who Emma is.  I was looking around the Web with my Server's search engine and found some poems about trees and leaves and other things written by the students in a first grade class.  This one just struck my fancy because it reminded me of a non-sensical poem one of my boys wrote in elementary school.  They try so hard but don't have the life experiences to really pull the thing together so they just end every short poem with a verse of honesty.  Sometimes they get a point across and sometimes they don't but I always find them charming.

Thanks for congratulations.

Thank You Sponsors!