iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting read. Old Wright reciprocating saw owners manual.

Started by Jeff, April 16, 2006, 11:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We have a support auction (LINK) going right now to auction off an old Wright reciprocating saw. It got me to thinking about my owners manual I have, so I scanned it in and uploaded it. Its kinda fun to read. Especially the back few pages. I have it on the forum servers but to get all the text to read I had to surpass the limits we have for dispaying pages, so I am only going to list links to the photos, other then a small version of the cover.

Cover-Warranty and Table of contents-page 3,-Page 4, [url=https://forestryforum.com/wright/pg_5.jpg]Page 5-Page 6,-Page 7, -Page 8,-Page 9-Page 10,-Page 11,-Page 12,-Page 13,-Page 14,-Page 15,-Back cover/Saw Specifications

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

Only a 30 day warranty ??? Times have changed. :D That is very interesting reading
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom

I was wondering while at the pig roast if that style of blade would rip better than a chain.  We never did try it.

KGNC

That's real interesting. I did not even know that type of saw existed until recently.

I wonder what kind of stroke it had on the blade. Seems like you could have a problem clearing sawdust on larger logs.

Also looks a bit cumbersome to turn the saw upside down to "under buck".

No lube need on the bar? Seems like something would wear.

mike_van

We had one of these years ago to saw up poles on the digger truck. You had to lean on it some, but it made hundreds of cuts before it got sent out. One time, it never came back - Chainsaw now, faster, but quicker to dull too.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

RSteiner

The first power saw I ever used was a Wright.  Cut my fire wood with it for three years.  Don't know what happened to that old saw, it would be a nice conversation piece now.  I did have a blade for it hanging in the cellar rafters, I'll have to look and see if it's still there.

Randy
Randy

Thank You Sponsors!