iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Dad

Started by woodmills1, April 15, 2006, 06:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

In case you wondered why I have been only her sporatic the last three weeks, my dad passed.  He was a simple, happy man who ran his own auto repair garage for many years.  He taught me lots about machines, people and life and I sure will miss him.  The services included honor guard from the Navy, VFW, and his hometown volunteer fire department.  I didn't want to see him go but was happy to have him not suffer long.

OBIT

James G. Mills, of Newton, N.J., died peacefully, at home, on Saturday,
April 8th, after a brief illness.  He was 83 years young.

A native of Newton, Jim was a valued and beloved member of the community.  He owned and operated Mills Garage on Main Street in Newton for 40 years.  He and his wife of 60 years, Anna Gallo Mills, volunteered for many local organizations and charities.

Jim was a member of the US Navy in World World II, and served
In the South Pacific.  He is a Past Commander and Chaplain of VFW
Post #5360 in Newton, and a member of the Newton Steamer Co.#1
Fire Department. 

Jim was an avid golfer, gardener and card player.  He enjoyed his
family, friends and grandchildren.  He always had a smile on his
face and loved to make everyone laugh. 

He is survived by his loving family: wife, Anna; son and daughter-in-law, James and Kathy Mills of Hudson, NH; daughter and son-in-law, Nancy
Mills, and Edward Dick, of Hoosick Falls, NY; son, Michael and his
Partner, Mark McGrath, of New York City; and three grandchildren,
Kelly, Melissa and Cory Mills-Dick. Jim is also survived by a  sister, Janet Heffner, brothers-in-law Raymond Rosano, Ernie and Albert Gallo, along with many nieces and nephews; his caring sisters-in-law Jeanne Rosano, Irene DeGroat and Virginia Morville, and nephew Michael Rosano.  His son James is a retired teacher of math and science at Dracut High School, and his daughter-in-law Kathy is a waitress at The Village Inn in Dracut.

Arrangements are under the direction of Iliff-Ruggiero Funeral Home
In Newton.  Viewing on Monday, April 10th, 2-4, and 7-9 pm; Fire
Department and VFW services at 8 pm, Monday. 
Funeral Mass, Tuesday, April 11th, 11 am, at St. Joseph's R.C. Church
in Newton. 

Memorial donations may be made to the Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice
in Newton, NJ. 

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

JimBuis

My condolences Woodmills.  I likewise lost my Dad six years ago to cancer.  He was lived to 82.  Although there are many times I'd love to talk to him again, he had suffered through many medical procedures in those last two years or so.

Trust in God, He's on His throne!

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Tom

James,
My heart goes out to you and your family.  Loses like these weigh heavily upon us and sorrow can be over-bearing.  It's the "missing" of someone we love that causes the pain and we eventually replace it with the privilege of having been a part of the life of revered a individual.  It's said that we remember only the good.  It sounds as if you will have a lot to remember.  :)

Texas Ranger

I lost my dad 20 years ago, April 1, still miss him, but have him with me everyday.  Still grin at the practical jokes we played on each other.  He, too, ran his own mechanic shop, except his was airplanes.  Every now and then I can almost feel him looking over my shoulder inspecting something I am doing. 

The good lasts a long time, and the joy of knowing lives forever.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Brad_S.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

thedeeredude

I'll pray for ya buddy.  I lost my grandpa in 2000.  Theres alot of things I miss not being able to do with him, but ya have to move on, knowing youll see him again. 

Tim L

I lost my dad 16 years ago.My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Tim
Do the best you can and don't look back

thecfarm

My Dad been gone for 10 years now.I can hardly do anything here without me thinking he would be happy seeing me do this to the farm.It's wonderful to have memories.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Max sawdust

My Condolences, On the loss of your father.
We all lost another WWII vet.
Everyone should try to visit with and get the stories from the WWII vets that are left.  
(They are getting few and far between.) They can teach you alot, Guys who saw action in Europe especially twords the end of the war can really change the way you look at the way the history books are written. ;)
My father just turned 80 and is a WWII vet, both European and Pacific theater.  (Lied and went in at 17)
Ya if we would have not Nuked Japan I would not most likely not be born, cause he was an infantry man waiting in the Philippines waiting to land on Japan. ::)
Max

True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

junkyard

My condolences. Dad was a wwI vet. Gone now 46 years, nearly every day I hear myself repeating one or the other of his sayings. You will miss your dad but never forget him.
                 Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

getoverit

My condolences also. It sounds like your dad was a heck of a good man. Good men are hard to come by anymore. One thing my dad impressed on me while I was young is that there is only one thing you can never get taken away from you, and it is something you should guard at all costs..... your name. You got your name from your Dad, and I'm sure he will be proud of you for carrying on the family name. Protect it at all costs.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

DanG

James, my heart goes out to you and yours.  I know you'll miss your Dad in the worst way.  I'm another fortunate fellow who has kept his parents for many years, and I thank God for that every day.  My Dad will be 87 in a month or so, and is also a WWII vet.  Max sawdust, you and I were in jeopardy of the same ignominous fate, as my Dad was also standing by for "The Battle of Japan", only he waited on Saipan.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

CHARLIE

My deepest sympathy in your loss of your father.   You and your family will be in my prayers that our Lord will give you all the strength you will need during this difficult time.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

asy

Hey James,

As you know I lost my dad 3 weeks ago, he was another WW2 vet.

Max, my dad was 14 when he was taken by the Nazi's (he was polish). He was forced into the army, and put on the Russian Front re-loading machine guns. It's a truly harrowing story.

Last year he taped his story and burned it to CD. I couldn't listen to it then, but I will now.

I hope your family is around you at this time.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DoubleD

My condolences for on the loss of your father. I will pray the Lord that could give support in this tough time to you and your family
Wannabe a sawmiller

woodmills1

Thank you so much for the great support, it will help with overcoming the pain of the loss.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

karl

It has been 11 years since my Dad passed at the age of 85. I still miss him and know that he is watching over me as is Marie. It is certainly painfull to loose someone so close and so important, nowdays I smile when I think of him and thank him when I use one of his tools or knowledge he gave me.
I am sorry for your loss.
The pain will pass- the love you will have forever.
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Thank You Sponsors!