iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I dunno folks, but I think I want to nominate someone.

Started by SwampDonkey, April 14, 2006, 05:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

What do ya think? have a look here...

http://www.sloppyjoes.com/lookalikes.htm

and compare it with this guy we all know.

I been looking and think'n and scratchin my nogen, but maybe it's been a slow week.  ::) I dunno though...But, I think we have a chance. :D :D

I just gotta nominate Tom for Sloppy Joe's 26th Annual Papa Look-Alike Contest (Hemingway) ;) Sorry Tom, I think the world of ya and all, but I just couldn't pass this up when I seen it shown on PBS's Globe Treker last night. :)

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

And Hemingway lived in Florida too. Hmmm. You might be on to something. :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ron Wenrich

I think he would have a good chance.  Have you seen the past winners? 

http://www.sloppyjoes.com/lookalikes-pastwinners.htm

But none of them have a Forestryforum hat.    :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SwampDonkey

Yup  :)

I told Tom I wouldn't dare mention the other contest they showed on that episode of Globe Treker. I near died. Some scenes had to be blurred to protect the innocent. Of course it might of been me, as I was dead tired and passed into the land of nod (ZZzzzzz) by the end of the show. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Onthesauk

He's a storyteller too!  That should be worth extra credit in the contest.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Riles

AND Tom's a prolific writer too, just check the number of posts he's put out on this forum alone.

Has anyone ever seen Tom and Ernest Hemingway together in the same place? Hmm, this may be one of those Clark Kent/Superman things.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

Paschale

And Tom's been to the U.P. too...where Hemingway liked to fish.  Ever heard of his short story "Big Two Hearted River?"  That's about some fishing trips up north.  Tom's trekked the same places as Hemingway.  He gets my vote!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

scsmith42

Just as long as he draws the line at "looking like Hemmingway" and not "acting like him".  I'd sure hate to lose a great board moderator.

On a side note, how in the heck does one obtain a Forestry Forum Hat??? 
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Jeff

One of these days when I get some extra money together I'll get another batch of hats ordered.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodbowl

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Quartlow

Well it's been 4 days and Tom has yet to make a reply to this thread. Looks kind of fishy to me

:D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Tom

It's the Forestry Forum Hats, Quartlow, I don't have a good answer.  That takes a bunch of money.

Do you really think Old Man Ernie Hemmingway looks like me?  It's probably just the beard.  If he had shaved it off we wouldn't look much alike .....cept maybe the nose.  Leastways.   I was stationed in Key West while in the Navy. They had a Sonar School there.  I found that the only thing Key West has that interests me is fishing and Now-a-days you would have to have an entourage of security guys along to keep from being accosted.  Those folks down there are strange...  Queer, even.  :-\

Murf

I think we should put together a study group and head off to Key West, with Tom of course, and make a very detailed examination of the whole thing.  ::)

Any other volunteers?  ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

moosehunter

I've been there.
I am with Tom, no reason to go back.
Some of the other Keys........... now thats a different story.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

SwampDonkey

I started this thread to torment Tom a bit, but it never bothered him at all. The other reason was that I could have sworn I seen Tom's face in one of the contests. :D :D

I'm happy to say his face wasn't among the contestants in the over 55 chippendales contest. That was a gut buster. :D

This was on PBS tv and I ain't never seen nuttin like that and I hope never too again. Scared me for life, gross indecency. :D  ::)

Tom

It's difficult to torment a fellow who thrives on attention.   8):D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!