iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Problem wity 372 Husky

Started by TeaW, April 13, 2006, 05:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaW

This saw was new in November 05. Started a bush in December worked fine til the weather got colder. Then it would start ok but after it warmed up a little it would stal so i would turn in the throtle screw to keep it going . It got to be a pain so I switched back to my old 365 . I have a pair of them one on the skidder and one on the Hardy trailer.
I finished the the bush in mid March, got home and started processing firewood . I started to use the 372 on my homemade processor. It starts good works good for about 5 minutes then it starts to stall I turn in the throtle screw as far as it will go and it will idle. work it for about 10 minutes
then it is idleing to fast and have to gradually turn the screw out. After that it runs fine for the whole day. same thing every day.  It is at the saw shop now but they start it up and it runs fine. Any suggestions.
TeaW

snowshoveler

its too new to have any wear issuses from the amount of hours on it .
i would be looking at the carb after a quick check of impulse hose ,fuel line and filter .
sometime those saws will sit on a shelf at the store for a while and the diaphragms will get a bit stiff.
its not supposed to happen but it does.husky is pretty good about it .
it could also be just a bit lean on the low speed as well.
by the sounds of it the saw is only just broke in.
it takes a while with the 372 because of the 2 ring piston.
some break in fast but most around here will take a couple weeks of steady use to reach full speed ahead.
chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

TeaW

Thanks for the reply Chris. I am on the second chain on clean wood . but it is not getting any better. It has me stumped!
TeaW

sawguy21

Try cranking the hi speed counter clockwise to the stop. I find a lot of saws lean out of the box.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Rocky_J

Even with 20 years experience, I find it virtually impossible to properly adjust a carb with limiter stops in place. I'd have to remove the stops, tune the saw and then slip the stops back on the jets (after modifying them so my carb is adjustable again).
8)
http://www.madsens1.com/sawtune.htm

WARNING!!! Those of you who have the words "What about voiding my warranty?" on your lips, ignore my post and proceed directly to your dealer so you can let him adjust your saw for you.  ::)

sawguy21

:D :D :D You would never bend the rules now would you?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bill

TeaW

Since I don't know Husky and certainly don't know 372's I'm not really sure this'll help. But if it was a car engine I'd say the choke was messing up. Here's why. When you start it cold the choke is on and the engine is cold - everythings OK. After 5 minutes the engine is warm but the choke ( are they electric/automatic or manual like both my saws ) hangs up starving the engine of air so you crank in the throttle screw to give 'er some air till 10 minutes later the choke finally opens, you back out the throttle screw and you're Ok for the day. Of course if its a manual choke that shoots my idea to %^&(

Maybe there's something in here you can use.

Good Luck

Thank You Sponsors!