iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now look what you've gone and done!

Started by DR Buck, April 10, 2006, 08:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

:( >:( :( >:( :( >:( :'( :'(

Oops!
I was moving logs with the knuckle-boom loader and dropped one on top of the log pile and it decided to slide down end first.   The good thing is that it didn't slide to far.   The mill stopped its slide![/color]

It don't look any better up close.  :(

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

MULE_MAN

Must have been a nice size log to do that kind of damage  ::)

I bet you just say OH DARN    Didn't you ???  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Tom

Most of them get a hook like that after awhile.  Usually it's a customer trying to slide a log over the loader with a tractor and you can't stop them.  The loader doesn't straighten out to easily either.  I thought I would get used to mine but it has always bothered me.  :)

pigman

My loader arm got bent by a customer trying to slide a log endways with a small dozer. :(  He slid the whole mill foward two feet before I got him stopped. ::) After that experience I will not let anyone use a dozer to push logs near my mill.  After two years of looking at the bent arm, I finally straighned it last year. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

GregS

Nothing a little torch heat won't fix...make her orange-hot and it will become as pliable as taffy.  Unfortunately you will have to repaint your pretty orange paint back on :D.

Greg

jackpine

Tom

Mine bothers me too but I have no one to blame but myself. Pushed a log and a knot hung up on one arm but didn't see it. this was on ice so when tires spun I assumed " heavy log" and backed up to ram it Bad idea >:(

What made it worse, my customer pointed out to me what i'd done :D

sledge hammer helped straighten some but it's still noticable and still bothers me 4 years later.

Bill

crtreedude

You know, when a bunch of guys get together, they like to show off scars - when sawyers get together, they show off damage to their mills?

Just wanted to know what is expected...  ::)

So, how did I end up here anyway?

VA-Sawyer

Crtreedude,
Circle mill sawyers tend to show off their missing body parts.    :-[     We bandmill sawyers don't get scars from our mills, we put scars on our mills.  :D      I'm not yet sure where the swing mill people fit into this scar thing.
VA-Sawyer

getoverit

I dont have any permanent scars from my Peterson Swingmill yet, but I do have some nifty looking teeth marks on the galvanized cross member where I swung the blade a little too low over it. The blade lost all of it's teeth and is being retipped

now where is that snaggle tooth smiley? ;D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

DR Buck

I took a BFH (big fine hammer), about 8 lbs to the loader arm today.    It's fixed! 8)    Looks good as new!
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

Personally, I have never met a circle saw sawyer that had any missing parts only worn out parts and I know a bunch. Guys running cut-off saws and edgers and swampers at circle mills, Yep. Guys that work around small circle saws and related equipment in pallet shops, yep. Head Sawyers, no. None.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

crtreedude

There is no doubt that I have my share of scars - which is pretty remarkable since I tend to ride herd over a computer, not equipment. Probably a good thing, a person only has so much blood...

Barbwire fences love me, as in, I can't go through the fincas without one getting me. Of course my excuse is that the distances between the strands are made for Ticos, not for me.  ::)

So, how did I end up here anyway?

tcsmpsi

Going thru barbedwire fences?!    Hmmmm....

I reckon things must be a bit different there.

However, having my own scars (very old ones) from running thru/over barbed wire, when I had to recently fence the entire property, I ran barbless wire (don't want any critters, human or otherwise to injure themselves or my potential brushing up against it).   It is SO much easier working with barbless wire.

Though, also from necessity, I had a hundred 12"X12"  orange signs made which are hung on that barbless wire stating,

DANGER
KEEP OUT
SHOOTING RANGE
[/size]

Could be pretty risky business, crossing barbed OR barbless wire.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Thank You Sponsors!