iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Using TRangers shop

Started by Texas Ranger, April 06, 2006, 11:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Daughter came home and wanted the changing table that we had used for her and her sister.  Mom said no, that's mine for when you bring the kids, but, dad will build you one.

The wood is water oak, cut out of a yard in Livingston, milled at a WM belonging to a friend, air dried for years, planed and used.  Told the daughter she can move anywhere she wants, she will still have a little Livingston with her.  It is copied from a wash stand I bought 30 years ago and refinished, only, one drawer higher, and no mirrow.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Thats very nice!  Not sure how yer going to fit on top of it but still, pretty nice! ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

Hey, boss, been out of depends nearly 6 weeks, finally healed up.  It's for me new grandson.  He aint but 18 inches long.  Knows how to do three things, sleep, eat and, well, you know.

sawguy21

Jeff, now that was funny. :D :D :D :D :D :D Great job TR
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pigman

Great job T R. 8)  Got orders last week to build a crib, changing table and armoir. 8)  Yours may give me some ideas for mine except mine is supposed to be cherry.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Norm

Very nice Don! :)

Don't get me started on grandchildren, told number 1 son I don't think he knows how. ;D

Fla._Deadheader

I just received photo images of one my younger Daughter is making-growing.  ::) 8) 8) 8) 8) 
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Texas Ranger

Forgot one thing, if you look at the left side back splash (love that word for a changing table)  your see the image of a longhorn steer.  My daughter and wife ae both U of Texas grads, and the longhorn was in honor of both of them, and maybe push the boy towards a real university, instead of A&M.

But seeing the news this morning on the number of high talent kids getting rejected for entrance to the "better" schools, he may not make it.  Heck, don't believe I would make it if I had to start now.

CHARLIE

Dat's a nice piece of work TRanger!  That'll be in the family for a few hunert years. :) I hope you signed and dated it.  I 've heard of people recessing a penny with the current year somewhere on the furniture they build.  I reckon they epoxy it in da hole.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Texas Ranger

Charlie, signed and dated.  Also, somewhere on the furniture I build (been doing so for 30 years now) there is a hole drilled, a small scroll inside, and covered by a joint.  Probably never to be seen again, but, if I build for family or other loved ones I put a personal note in, as a part of me.

Makes me feel good, anyway.

Woodwalker

TR, Now don't go bad mouthing A&M. Might start something.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Texas Ranger

smiley_bull_stomp

smiley_biggrin01

Quartlow

Man the talent around this place is amazing. TR that is one fine looking piece of furniture
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

SwampDonkey

I was aquainted with a girl who attended A&M and she was studying fruit flies.  ::) Don't ya dare say nut'n. :D  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D That is just begging for a response :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

isawlogs

Wunder how long the studying took  ??? ??? ??? :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

Purty long time study in Texas, they get bigger here, we hunt em with nothing less than a twelve gauge, anything smaller and they get peckish.  Sometimes they can strip a vinyard in a matter of days, DanGest thing ya ever saw.  They evolve purty quick, too, change their habits, got some that go after watermelons, some after grapes, some after corn.  None got adapted to blood and meat yet, be we figure it is just a matter of time.

SwampDonkey

Reminds me of the movie King Kong (2005), and them shooting the squeeters with a machine-gun. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodwalker

TR, You ever tried shinning em at night? Shooting em off the roost with a .22?

Texas Ranger

My daddy told me it 'twasn't sportin ta do it that way, shoot em on the rise, he always taught.

Woodwalker

We was never much into "sport hunting". The only times we ever shot em on the rise, we would try to line up a couple for a two-fer. Course, I've squirrel hunted with a sling shot and duck hunted with a garden rake too.

SwampDonkey

My grandfather was a good fly fisherman and could put a fly right on the spot he wanted. One day we ran into a flock of those crazy spruce grouse. He decided to get cute and snag one of them grouse with an artificial fly. As I recall he caught into one's back and it took off spewing out his fishing line and made that real zing. :D :D Darn near died laughing. :D :D

Texas Ranger

Never hunted ducks with a garden rake, much, weight is bad and twists in my hands.  A hoe works better for me, cleaner.

I think Canada is closer to Texas than I thought. ::)

Texas Ranger

Grandson gonna be an executive.

SwampDonkey

That's a dandy chair for the little feller.  :) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!