iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southwestern IL remodeling contractors?

Started by JimBuis, April 04, 2006, 07:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBuis

Do any of you guys in the St. Louis area happen to run a remodeling company or know somebody that you'd recommend?  I am in need of having some work done on my house in Lebanon, Illinois, not far from St. Louis.  I live in Tokyo, Japan most of the time, so getting reliable folks to work on my house is a pain in the tender hind parts. ::)

I would appreciate any input you local boys may have....or girls. ;D

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Don_Papenburg

Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Kevin_H.

JimBuis,
There is a guy in freeburg, I have done some sawing for him, the name of his company is dave's home improvement, but I dont remember his last name or his #. I can try over the next couple of days to find it and pass it along to ya...
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

JimBuis

My house is a hundred years old.  It has been updated several times over the years.  The interior has gotten rather rundown in the last several years due to less than pristine renters.  The estimates and my budget will drive what the actual work is to be done.

Not necessarily in priority order, I want to have the first floor carpets removed and the hardwood floors refinished or new carpets put down if the floors are not reasonably refinishable, sheetrock either redone or some cracks remudded and several rooms painted, kitchen probably redone, outdated gas furnaces replaced with electric, central air installed in the basement furnace, an abandoned/partial brick chimney removed, possibly remove the carport and replaced with a single car attached garage.

Some of these repairs are debatable as to what approach to take and what should be the highest priority.  I just have to get some of this stuff fixed.

Thanks,
Jim

Kirk_Allen

Got just the guy for you Jim, and you have met him.  Give Buzz a shout.  Not sure of his schedule but I bet he could fit you in. 

JimBuis

Kirk,
Do you know if he has power right now or not?  I hear that Brighton's was knocked out in the storms.  If you talk to him, please mention this thread.  I sent him an email, but don't have an answer yet.  I sure would like to find someone to help me out who I already know.  I REALLY don't like calling people at random from the yellow pages.  Besides that the yellow pages don't tell you whether or not he is a God fearing man.

Thanks,
Jim

Kirk_Allen

I spoke with him Monday and he had power then.  All was ok at his place but around the area got hit pretty hard. 

He gets online about once a week so if you sent him a PM he should get it.  I will pass on the info when I talk to him again.  I will give him a call tonigth but if he is at the house he wont get the message until he climbs out of the valley and lately he has beeen real focused on getting the house done and only leaves once a week so he can check messages. 

Thank You Sponsors!