iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just got back from the farm here's a few pics

Started by Part_Timer, April 02, 2006, 06:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

Well we just got back from the farm yesterday.  We visited my parents and grandmother and had a blast.  I took the 4 wheeler and a swisher 44" trail mower to cut down a bunch of blackberry briars.  We haven't cut it (the farm)down since we bought it about 4 years ago so it took about two days.  I also had a chance to cruse up the back side hill and check things out.  I haven't been able to get there before since we usually go down in summer and the briars and multi flora rose usually stops to much roaming around.
Here are a few pics

we mowed most all of the berries back but left a few in small pockets.  You can see the height of the briars that are in front of me in the 4th pic. Everything mowed in that picture was covered in briars that size. If you look close you can see some rock circles just down the hill from the trailer.  Those are around some dwarf peach trees and a few persimmon saplings.  the picture of the tree with me next to it is a tulip poplar.  it is the bigges one on the farm that I have seen yet.  I can't get to the top of the hill to see the rest it is just to steep.  I can see a cut line just above the barn about 150 yards where they logged it out about 10 years ago but haven't made it above it YET either.  Maybe next trip.  Most of the trees are 12-16" dbh.  I figure when we move down there in about 9 years they should make nice trees to make barns and rental cabins out of.

In the middle of the second picture you can see my son's white shirt.  I took that one to show how steep the hills are.

We own all the way to the top of the hill in the third picture.  I made it half way up there one time but chickened out from going all the way to the top.  :(  it's about a 60 deg  incline and very slick with all the leaves.  I'll make it someday.  I want to see the property markers.  My buddy chris made it to the top and fell last time.  He roller about 100' down the hill and will be having knee surgery in 2 weeks.  he says next time he won't fall.  :D

There is a small stream that flows out of a seep in the ground so my son and daughter went to the bottom of the property line and started to clean all the debris out of it and took a few patio blocks and made a small water fall.  took them all day to clean half the stream bed and build the water fall but they had fun and have plans for a second revision this summer if we make the trip

Well those are the pics hope you enjoyed them. 

Tom

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Furby

J.J

getoverit

yer makin me homesick for the mountains again Tom!!

Beautiful place you got there. I hope I get to visit you up there some day and help mill up that lumber for the barns :)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Part_Timer

Thanks Furby

J.J. the deed says 26.  I'm not sure how many it would be if you measured all the ups and downs.  If sure feels like more when your chasing the kids up hill. :)

Ken.  Were going back down this summer to put a small cabin up.  you want to come up for a BBQ?  Maybe we could getTroy to come over also??

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.

getoverit

send me the details and we will see what we can do. I could use a good raod trip :)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Part_Timer

ROAD TRIP
I love a good road trip.  If we do this it will be open to any members in the area.  Just know ahead of time the only facilities will be an outhouse.  If we get it built in time that is.  :D

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.

Thank You Sponsors!