iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yo Kevin! .......

Started by TexasTimbers, April 02, 2006, 01:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

I just noticed another one on this board. So none of you Kevins really know who I'm talking to eh?  ;D Man it seems like Kevins are attracted to the world of wood. I know there are more Bobs, Bills, James etc. They seem to be more common. I did a Google on the 25 Most Common male names (first names), and this 1990 census tells us that, to my suprise, Kevin is #23. Whooda think it. As you can see James is #1 followed by John, Robert (there's the Bobs), and Michael.
You ladies come in with Mary - also suprising at least to me.
So I got to thinking that names sure do evolve. So I went hunting and found a website that gives then most common English names over 30 years in three categories - in the 1600s. Look Here For That List!
Read the top three names in each column as fast as you can and it's kind of fun.

John         John         John
Thomas   William      Thomas
William    Thomas     William
Richard    Richard     Richard
Robert     Robert      Robert
Edward   Edward     Edward
George    Henry       James
Henry      James      George
James     George     Henry     

And on and on. It's peculiar to me how the seem to jump and swap from decade to decade. Kevins, I believe this means that our name may fall our of favor eventually. I guess that's good although I don't know why. Still, isn't it nice to be able to say "Oh no. No no no - you are thinking of the OTHER Kevin! I would never say/do anything like that!"

OTOH, If someone is looking for a guy named Kevin who has won let's say a 1970 Hemi Cuda convertible in that case I'm your man.  ;D Do you have any name stories about your name? I don't really. I just thought I'd make another useless observation.  smiley_clown

Yes, I'm easily amused.  ::) Kevin.

Edit: Fixed Broken Link

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Kevin_H.

I think you are on the money here except for the 1970 Hemi Cuda convertible, I believe that it was my name that was drawn for that.

no real stories about my name, although I sure heard it alot when I was a kid.

kevin what are you doing
kevin why are you so muddy
kevin you didnt eat your peas

Kevin.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

CHARLIE

Well, I've known for years that CHARLIE stands for Goodlooking, handsome, smart, intelligent, strong, nice, kind, man. 8) 8) 8) :D   I don't know what Kevin stand for.  :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

"Charlie" is relative and stands for retarded; foolish, idiotic, imbecile, imbecilic, moronic, silly, witless; ignorant, illiterate, lowbrow, nonintellectual, unacademic, uneducated, uninformed brainless, dense, doltish, dorky, dull, dumb, mindless, obtuse, simple, slow, stupid, thick and unintelligent.  It's a good thing he's not too bad looking.   :D :)  I love him though.  the same as you would love an English Bulldog.   ;D

Bro. Noble

Noble needs no explination ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

CHARLIE

DanG Tom! You're letting out all the family secrets and skeletons! :o Just call me Kevin Too then. :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!