iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dirty jobs

Started by chet, April 02, 2006, 12:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

is on right now, with underwater loggin'.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

TexasTimbers

Me three. Their making panel doors now in a production woodshop. He just ruined his shirt applying stain.

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

jon12345

I always miss the good ones,  still tryin to catch reid on hgtv.   

When are they gonna do a sawmill or logging dirty jobs?    Or did I miss that one too.   :-\
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Furby

Drop them a line with the suggestion! ;)

Dana

Man, I wish I could multi-task like you guys.... watching t.v. and on the computer at the same time. ;D
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

SwampDonkey

I don't think some of you fella's ever sleep.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Minnesota_boy

What's a TV?  ??? :D

We put ours in storage 3 years ago and haven't missed it much since.  They always wanted to start the show I thought I wanted to watch when I wasn't available or the phone rang in the middle of the best part (which really wasn't all that good anyway).  Now I get the news on the computer and it's available when I want it and the phone don't interupt because I have dial-up and the phone line is busy.  If I want more entertainment I just find one of these threads and laugh my head off.  8) 8) 8) :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Riles

Jon, I put a link to Reid's show right after it came out and haven't been prosecuted yet.

http://homepage.mac.com/rielley/iMovieTheater8.html
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

Furby

Multi-task? What's that ???
I'm sitting here watching "Supervolcanoes", reading the FF, have a couple pieces of wood in the oven being debugged, thinking about what to have for supper, and doing my taxes. ;D

ohsoloco

Speaking of dirty jobs.  I got a killer sunburn on my arms today.  It's that time of year when I have to start putting on sunblock before I go out to mill...as if the sawdust doesn't stick to me enough already  ::)

Yeah, someone send him an email.  Let's see a FF member on dirty jobs  :)

Faron

I got a laugh out of one show.  He was helping some "experts" replace some termite eaten beams in an old church.  They were using concrete blocks for cribbing and a small floor jack.  I doubt they will stay in business or even alive if they do much of that.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

pigman

Concrete blocks make a good base for a jack until they collapse. :o ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sawguy21

pigman, I don't wanna go there. Got a scar on my chin from crawling under a Wagoneer while changing an engine.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Teri

That was the third time they showed the underwater logging. I'm sure it will be on again.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, I always found that the A&E networks and Discovery Channel networks play alot of those shows over and over. Takes a while to cycle through them all when they add the odd new show to the mix. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Murf

It was funny watchin it, them out there in shirt sleeves, I flew over that area on Saturday and the ice isn't off the bay there yet.  :D

They could at least make it seasonally correct.  ::)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Teri

Its almost that time of year when the networks start showing repeats. :(

I liked the one where he was on the dairy farm and having to follow the cows around to get a "sampling".  :D :D :D

When I was growing up in the Ozarks we had a dairy farm,but we never did that!!! :D

SwampDonkey

In my great grand mother's time, she used to take a stool down across the road on the river flats to get some fresh milk, she only had 2 or 3 cows. She had alot of turkeys, chickens, sheep and hogs. Grand father kind of lived that way to in his early years at his own place next door. They were not really farmers in the scence of the word of now a days. They just raised stuff to live off and maybe sell some butter or eggs and spun yarn. In those days it was logging and guide outfitting that provided. The farm was mainly a grocery store. Mom said grandfather had an old cow that they'de walk up the road to the sporting camps for the summer for fresh milk. There were some small fields up there old bessy could be tethered to a iron rod at. Grandfather's uncle was the farmer, he grew alot of stuff to sell and had a couple barns full of animals. He had 12 kids to feed. ;D

pigman

I saw the dirty jobs show where he was working on a pig farm. Most of the show was fairly believable until I saw him packing 100lb pigs out of a building, taking them to a carrier that was parked fifty feet away. I picked up the real small pigs to put them in carriers, but the big pigs have legs and can walk.  ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Dana

Pigman, Do you think it is the farmer coming up with a way to make his job seem harder, and dirtier or the producers?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

beenthere

TV producers have to push for the extreme - just a gander at the reality and survivor shows is your answer (which you already know). I'm suspicious of them all. Only some of the live sporting events may not be so tainted and orchestrated.
BUT, they apparently draw the viewers or they wouldn't do it.  ::) :)
Most of us with a 'dirty' job work to figure out ways to get the job done so its more pleasant and not so dirty (whatever 'dirty' means  ::) ).
(One of my most disliked jobs is blowing insulation into an attic).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

twoodward15

In June when they finish the last couple episodes of the season there will be a "fuel system mechanic" episode.  It is on KC-135 airplanes.  I can't wait to see that one (this is what I do for a living, on the smae planes)  In any case, if any of you watch it and can remember, look at the access holes to get into the gas tanks. 
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Thank You Sponsors!