iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Okay, my 60" LogRite totally rocks!!!!

Started by oldsaw, April 01, 2006, 01:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsaw

Wrestling with a 30" oak today, and not only was the extra foot really nice, when that thing grabs onto a log, it isn't letting go.  The padded handle is much easier on my shoulder too when I need to put my body into it.

Please add my name to the very happy customer list.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Dan_Shade

i stopped in at the local stihl dealership the other day and they had a few logrite cant hooks sitting there. I asked if they had sold any, and he said he hadn't.  I then showed him the difference in the hooks, and his face lit up.  I think that dealer's gonna move a few logrite tools :)

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Pete J

I saw you posted this on April Fool's day and my first thought was, "Is this some kind of joke?"

Just kidding!

Thanks for the kind words! It is another fine addition to the motivational file. The "Happy Customer" list now has a new member.

oldsaw

Hey, you never did start up an owner "testimonial" area.  I was serious.  I've never used anything like my 60" cant hook.  It is an incredibly well engineered and well built product.  It's so good that Sawwood had to go buy a 48 after using my 60.  Both of us had matching cant hooks from Timberking that we thought were great, they are, but the LogRite is in a whole different league.

I've already helped you sell one.  I'll do my best here on the prairie.

Mark

Pete J

OK, you noticed that I never got around to adding testimonials to the website. Tamiam is redlining and re-wording a bunch of pages as we speak. It needs some freshening up and your suggestion will more than likely make it into the new design. Thanks for looking out for us. It means a lot and we value your feedback.

Thanks!

oldsaw

I work in a small business that myself and a couple of co-workers are going to start buying out starting the first of the year, so, yes, I know where you are coming from running a small business.  I'm kind of partial to helping people like you/us out.

I'm beating on you a bit because there is a difference between knowledge and understanding.  I knew you made a good "stick", but I understood just how good it was once I actually saw it "live", and made another huge leap when I actually got to use it.  You have a nice website, but it needs to communicate from end users to your potential customers.  You have to move from "commodity" to "specialty", especially when you aren't much more in price than what one would pay for a wooden handled product that lacks the modernized performance enhancements that you have added.  These things are a fantastic deal, and I want you to succeed as much as you do.

The only other change I would recommend in the near future is to do a feature breakout on top of each category.  So, if I searched for "cant hooks", I would see a collection of pictures featuring the things that make LogRite tools not only different, but better.  For example, a close up picture of the rubberized handle with the benefit, the aluminum shaft with the benefits, the machined hook that actually digs into the wood and sticks there, the powder coating, etc. 

Just some ideas, I have been involved in selling and marketing high end products for the past 20 years or so.  It's okay to be proud of what you have done differently, especially when it works as good as it does.  The problem is that you are being too modest and too used to seeing what you have...it isn't "special" to you as much anymore.  That's why you can use some of these misfits to help you.  I'll even volunteer some time working on presentation, etc.  Not a lot of time to spare, but I believe in what you are doing.

Keep it up,

Mark

Dan_Shade

that's Ga_boy hanging on an A.S.S.

there aren't many tools that i'm "passionate" about, but logrite stuff is one, for me, it's not so much the aluminum handle, but the hooks just bite, and don't give way.

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

oldsaw

The log doesn't seem to be "giving way" either.

Mark

sawguy21

If it does, he is going to be walking funny with a big bruise between the eyes. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

oakiemac

I bought a 60 incher from log rite at the Piggy roast. I just got to use it the other day and man what a difference. This thing actually digs into the log and won't let go. I couldn't believe it. I'm used to slamming my hook into the log but with the Logrite you don't have to.
When I bought the tool I thought it was just a metal version of the old wooden cant hook that I have been using. I didn't know that this thing actually worked a whole lot better.
Kevin and Tammy, you might want to advertise more that your tools aren't just a prettier version but a much improved tool. I love using this new cant hook.
If any of you out there are still using an old wooden cant hook for nostalgic reasons you are making a mistake.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

VA-Sawyer

Kevin,
Oldsaw has a lot of good points. Perhaps you should have one of those pictures of Dan_Shade hanging on an A.S.S. on your website. I kept my old cant hooks  properly sharpened and they worked much better than any hooks my customers had of their own. They always prefered to use my cant hooks. I was proud of those old hooks.  Now, with my new LogRite hooks, the difference is like night and day! I had a customer use my new 48" LogRite and he went online and ordered one for himself. Never had a customer do that with my old hooks.
You can put me and my customer 'Bob', in the 'Very Happy Club'.
VA-Sawyer

Ga_Boy

Every person that has used one of my or that I have sold a LogRite tool too loves it.

As for the bite of the hook, I joke when I tell people that I have to keep a hammer around with these tools; not to drive the hook in, but to knock the hook out of the log.  These hooks bite in to the wood.

My wooden handle hook is around the shop somewhere, I have not seen it for about a year or so.   
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

oakiemac

Yeah, I'm retiring "old wooden". The only down side that I see with the metal LogRite hooks are when you hit them with the sawmill. ::) Yeah I did that once. I had just adjusted a log, dogged it in then went back to sawing and forgot that I had left the cant hook leaning up against the log and I wacked off about 2" off the handle. I might have to resharpen if I did that with a LogRite. ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Raphael

I've been meaning to get one of the mill specials or something similiar...  Sounds like similiar isn't an option. ;)

That's some picture of Ga_Boy, it should definitely be on the LogRite site...  I think I need a new peavey.

One thing I noticed (as a timber framer) is that there isn't enough information on the hammers to promt me to purchase them.  I'd need to know the approximate head weight and face sizes...
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

ARKANSAWYER

Did Ga-Boy ever get that stick off of the trailer?   Seems like to me it would be easier to roll if he pulled that 6x6 out from under the log.  BUT that is just me.  Them A.S.S. sticks will roll the big ones and mine has saved me lots of time and pain.

I have how ever this summer found a flaw with the LogRite tools.   Now I must say up front that they are by far the finest tools made with quality unmatched but none the less there is a flaw.   If the photo gallery was up I would post a photo of it so you other owners would be aware of this minor problem.   I have taken steps to correct it but the damage has been done.   :'(
ARKANSAWYER

Dan_Shade

we were just goofing off at that point, arky...

we had to use handy-man jacks to roll it off the trailer.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5153243622217042993

this is not the butt log, but you get the idea, somebody who will go unnamed got all excited when the first one went off the trailer and I (oops) hit the stop button on the camera, so that one was lost!

Part_Timer

I gave away my old wooden one last week to my tailman.  He didn't want to spend the money on a Logrite.  So 2 days later he came back and I  ordered him a Logrite cant hook while I was placing the order for the KY show.  I took the wooden one back and figure I'll give it to the next guy and then sell him a Logrite toward the middle of the week.  I think I have found my new sales gimic.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!