iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back into the Fray

Started by Qweaver, March 31, 2006, 11:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

After weeks of poking,  proding and all kinds of tests,  I finally got my back "procedure" done today and it seems to have done the trick.  I'm realatively pain free for the first time in a long time.   So a few more doctor visits next week and then hopefully back to WV and start making sawdust again. 
I'm hoping to hire some "labor" to get some of the heavy lifting off of my back but it is amazing how hard it is to hire basic labor workers even in a state with lots of people out of work.  Seems they'd rather set on their butt than make $6 per hour.  Everyone seems to want to make craftsmen wages for basic labor skills.   I have a lot of relatives helping me as they can spare the time,  and most of them are very highly skilled but they also have projects of their own and I sure don't want to waste their time out in the woods picking up limbs or tailing while I saw if I can hire that work done .   Oh well,  my daughter and wife spoiled me last winter...they were just whirlwinds out in the woods...made my hired hands look really bad.
BTW, here's a pic of my Honey, the older/more mature/more Sophisticated one, hauling limbs. Uh, it's the wife not the daughter nor the the tractor I'm talking about. ;D

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

DanG

Good for you, Q! 8) 8)  Just be sure you ease back into things and give them muscles time to get used to being used.  Just remember, you can undo all that the Docs did, real fast. 

I'm having the same problems finding help.  I just rely on my machines and take my time.  It's cheaper in the long run, anyway. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crtreedude

Hope you can find some people.

Of course, in the immigration debate they are saying there are ablebodied people all over the place just wanting to work for you...

I have always found the hardest thing to do is sit around doing nothing.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Tom

I really admire myself for my ability to sit around and do nothing.  Doing nothing is one of the hardest things I had to learn to do after a Doctor told me to quit or die.  That's pretty good incentive to find a chair. Now with my joint challenges, the hardest thing is smiling when the youngsters give me all that advice about working out, running, exercising, use it or lose it, Just do it and other words of wisdom that show that they don't know what it's like on this side of the year.  What do you do?  I just smile, say "you're probably right", and then hang my Invalid parking sign on the mirror and go to the front to find a parking spot.  :-\

Burlkraft

Hey Q,

Nice tractor......I got a new 4630 last year and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I don't have the hoe, but there are times when I wish I had one   ;D ;D ;D ;D  It looks really good with the Farmi winch on it.

I hope your back does well. I'm just finishing p.t. from a major knee rebuild. It's amazing how good it feels now, it's also amazing how long it took to get here. I found out you just don't heal fast when you get old :( :( :( :(

Good Luck........
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Thank You Sponsors!