iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Hail .. hail .. the gangs all here ....

Started by TexasTimbers, March 31, 2006, 08:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

We had tornados on the ground last night flying all around here. The thing that had me and my wife on pins and needles was that our kids had gone to school for the annual Donkey Basketball event in the gymnasium. Well that's not bad the school is 2 miles down the road we can go get them and warn the others - because the nados were heading RIGHT at us. The bad part is they had left at the end of the event which cooincided with the fast moving system which was dropping the twisters. They did not know that this nasty wether was producing them and the girl they were taking home lives right on the Red River. They were heading DIRECTLY into the path of the storm. We could not call them because we are too far rural out here to get a signal.
My wife wanted to get in the minivan (They had taken my truck they think it's "uncool" to drive the minivan) and go looking for them while 2 tornados were literally cutting circles across our portion of the county. If they are anywhere near the river basin they will generally get pulled into it and follow it and do no harm - it's a weather phenomenom of some sot. Well they weren't completely behaving. I said no the best thing we can do for them is to stay alive. They ARE coming home. Then as we stood on the porch praying for God to protect our children a wicked straight line hail storm ran us into the house. Wife said "We need to get in the bathtub" I say no what kind of faith would we be showing asking God's protection then hiding in the bathtub  ::) I know I know the Fireman/Boat/Helicopter thing if you know it roll your eyes if you don't then don't worry about it.  :)
So while I am getting online to look at Intellicast radar  :D (yes I still had service the storm was not knocking out my service!) There is hail beating the house so loud you can hardlt hear Terry screams THEIR HOME THEIR HOME!!! So I run out to tell them STAY IN THE TRUCK FOR A MINUTE but it was nothing doing. It was even louder in the truck than the house and they wanted OUT! So as they are piling out I ran ut there and got pelted but tried to keep a hand over the top of two of their heads (the girls) and follow them in. I guess I did okay theiy do not have a sore skull like I do.
So inside we all had a group hug while the 3 kids told us, in the midst of this visous hail storm, how cool it was to have driven home. "Man the truck was gettin blown around and the hail was coming down so hard we couldn;t hardly see" etc. etc. They won't understand what it was like for us until they have kids of theor own.
The bridge on our road is nearly washed out and almost impassible. I don't know how close the tornados came to our house but we never actually heard it so maybe not too close. There were 2 confirmed on the ground one for app 10 mintues and another app 15 minutes. I have not heard of any injuries or deaths. I guessing the river finally sucked them in and sent them east. Only the Lord knows how close our kids came to getting the ride of their lives.  :o  :o  :o
I had actually thought of attemting to get on the FF and aksing the few who were online to send up a prayer, but I figured by that time it would all be over one way or another.
Well, looks like tornado season is here ealry this year!
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

IL Bull

It's great they are all safe and you are back form Illinoiz. 8)
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

sawguy21

That is entirely too close for comfort. Glad to hear everybody is o.k. and accounted for.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

etat

Wow, I'm glad yall were ok and everybody  made it home safely. 
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Roxie

Not everyone has sat through a tornado warning....but there isn't a parent on this forum that doesn't know exactly what you were going through! 

So glad everyone is safe! 8)
Say when

DoubleD

kevjay I am glad that everything is ok for you and your family :)
Wannabe a sawmiller

woodsteach

I'm glad everyone is safe.  Thanks to God for answering your prayers.

The season is here (se nebraska) as well.  No tornados but high winds (70mph) ripped the tinroof off of my leantoo on the garage and it landed on the neighbors storage shed 15' from a very supprised neighbor! 

Paul

Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Thank You Sponsors!