iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back door trots

Started by junkyard, March 30, 2006, 04:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyard

How many of you know what the back door trots are? Been Laid up three days with them.  Any good old time cures? Used to use Black berry Brandy but my wife would shoot me if I got in any kind of booze. Been dry since 1974 and do not want to go back.
                                Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

karl

I'm lookin' fer a cure too, my third day of "discomfort" too. Can't imagine brandy bein' a cure.....'specially ifn you ain't had it in 30 years (congrats)
Thank God we were working at a local pond today - lots of available outhouses- first one I scurried/waddled over to wus LOCKED :o- WHO THE HECK LOCKS THEIR OUTHOUSE ??? Didn't need the extra walk......
I'm guessin' prunes and/or warm cider ain't the cure ;)
Thinkin' a trip to the drugstore is in order.....it's kinda far though ::)
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Dan_Shade

umm, i have a confession... i was once on a business trip and there was a grocery store beside my hotel...

so I got over there to get something to "hold me over til supper".

I spied a pack of "sugar free" sugar wafers

I ate all of them

then it hit me, i never made it to dinner

after 45 minutes of that, i saw a label on the pack that pretty much explained my predicament.

I never did make it to dinner that night.

when you have a story that good, you can't keep it to yourself, all of my friends got a chuckle out of that one :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Fla._Deadheader

CLEAR liquid. I use Ginger Ale. 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sawguy21

That is miserable. Mom gave us ginger ale that had been allowed to go flat. Didn't taste great but was certainly better than the alternative. There was some horrible pink stuff I think called Condomol that seemed to work.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom

Pepto Bismol or Milk of magnesia.

It's good to have on a trip too.

I keep some on my work truck.

DanG

Pepto and M o' M is for opposite problems.  Git yerself some Immodium.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

junkyard

Thanks for the assistance. Surprized so many new the ailmentby that name. I will put some of these remedies  in the medicine cabinet. Seem to be healing but yesterday setting in the little room with a pail in my lap was not nice. All of the old lumberjacks around here swore that the brandy was the only cure. Did seem to ease the pain. As I think back a couple of days drunk would tend to make you for get your other troubles. Two other things I tried were pepper tea and burned toast woked other times but not this time.
      Thanks again for the help Junkyard

Don_Papenburg

Lots of stringy tough meat  Real hard to digest. slows the system down
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

johnjbc

Kopectate stuff will plug up a drain pipe ::) :D
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

barbender

The Immodium AD is pretty popular on the paving crews I have worked on, seems you're never near a toilet with that job.  It's always straightened me right out.
Too many irons in the fire

sawguy21

Kaopectate was the name I was trying to think of. Condomol was for the opposite problem. ;D

SPIKER

other none medicine ways are Jellos warm still in liquid form (drink like hot coco heavy on the jello ) drink with bread/toast dry no butter.  works great for infants too also ues the NO SUGAR type if possable as sugar can make it worse on kids.

im usually the other way  >:(  not much worse than stomach flue/food poisen...

both ends spewing  :o 8)out
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

jon12345

broth, ginger ale, dry toast, crackers, jello

sleep seems to heal me the fastest, but that doesn't always work in this case  ::)
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

sawguy21

I want to sleep but it generally won't let me. :'(

Engineer

Plaster of paris.   ;D

At least it stopped up my KITCHEN drain solid when my daughter poured some in there.   ::) :(

SwampDonkey

We used to be able to get 'Essence of Wild Strawberry'. That usually did the trick in a few hours. SInce you can't find it off the shelf any more, get yourself some strawberries from the super market and lay them too ya. Drink lots of water as well, and lay off the coffee a few days.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nova

If your gut is readjusting it may have a hard time with a few foods for the first day or so after you start to settle down.  You can try what is referred to as the BRATY diet, named for kids with the flu I guess and the name stuck.  Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast and Yogurt.  No milk products (including butter and coffee cream) although yogurt is OK because the lactose in it is digested.  Other foods with certain simple sugars can play havoc with your system as well until you return to normal.

Another potential help is oatmeal - if your too slow it will speed you up and if your too fast it will slow you down and it may even help lower your cholesterol.

Beware of Imodium if you have a fever, blood in what you're passing or going more than 6 times per 24 hours - these are indications to seek professional help.

Good luck
...No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care...John Maxwell

bull

Go w/ the liquid JELLO !!!

Engineer

I kinda enjoy it, it gives me time to relax and read a few good books.

:D :D :D ;D ;D ;D :o :o

scsmith42

Take some acidopholus to restore the enzymens in your digestive tract, preventing a reoccurance of the "trots".  Immodium will provide the near-term relief, but I don't think that it restores the enzymes.

Acidopholus is usually available in the vitamin section of the drugstore or grocery store.

Good luck.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Don P

After a coupla days of the green apple quickstep the thought of another round can bring a tear to your eye  :'(.

The plaster of paris might not be too far off, I think the KAO in kaopectate is kaolin, fireclay  :)

Grilled cheese sammiches work for me sometimes, Immodium does the trick too. Michelle brought that GI bug back from DC a coupla weeks ago, they ain't no fun.

SwampDonkey

I take Acidophilis too, cause my stomach is all buggered up and if I don't the guts get tied in knots.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

junkyard

I like the plaster of paris idea, but it might work the same way as cheese curd. A friend manages the local Cheese Factory and I love Cheese curd, but I keep telling him to cut down on the binder. He puts in three days worth of binder.
Any way when it is flowing both ways I guess the best way is to get it all flowing smoothly in the gavitational direction. Just not to fast and not to slow. As my neighbor used to say his butt looked so much like his face his belly didn't know which way to send it.
            Thanks for the remedies and the laughs
                                                  Junkyard

Thank You Sponsors!