iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hemlock logs

Started by palogger, March 30, 2006, 12:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palogger

Just picked up a 80 acre tract that is loaded with hemlock.  Alot of these are two feet at the stump. They do not apppear to be windshook or diseased.  Some of these go twenty feet without a limb.  My concern is I can't find anyone who wants to buy these to saw into logs.  I really hate to see these go to the chip plant.  Does anyone know where I can market these locally? 

thedeeredude

Where are you in Pa?  There's a good market for mushroom boards and construction lumber from hemlock.  If you want, PM me and I can get you in touch with a guy who wants hemlock if you're close enough.

Ron Wenrich

There's a guy who was buying hemlock up around Mifflintown.  Kuhn's Bros in Lewisburg might also buy some hemlock.  Check with the Amish mills.  It all depends on your location. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

timberjack240

hey hey there buddy i might actually be able to hepl yea out here i actually log for kuhns bros in lewisburg in the summer when i get outta school. they are big into hemlock logs ... well that what me and pap seem to cut  any way i know especially in the summer they deal a lot with it if yur interested in sellin to them  there phone number is 1800 326 9542 it think. im not sure what office that is but im not sure what the forsrty dept. is so like ron sed kuhns bros may be interested. im not guaranteein but if yur intersted
oh yea im prety sure thats the number for em i have it in my wallet and it went throught he washer a time or to so its a little faded good luck
tj240

Brian_Rhoad

I may be interested in some Hemlock, depending on where you are.

palogger

Thank you all for a good step in the right direction.  I am located in Central PA about 30 miles north of Altoona.  I just know these would saw into beautiful lumber.  I will be in contact with Kuhns brothers today.  There are more than enough monsters on this piece to go around,

racer9

Where about 30 miles north of Altoona are you located? I am near Punxsutawney. There is an Amish mill just off rt 119 in Home, PA that cuts hemlock.
Husky 345, Husky 55 rancher, Husky 372xp, Husky 288, Husky 395xp

palogger

I am about 50 minutes from Punxy.  Small town called Irvona, depending on their  prices, That wouldn't be a problem.  Best I have found so far was 250/thousand.  The trucking and stumpage combined would have broke me even if I was lucky.   

Woodhog

Around here Hemlock has become a protected species..

It is "protected" due to the fact that no one wants it, you just cant sell this stuff up here anymore..

Thank You Sponsors!