iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The End of TJ

Started by Rob, March 26, 2006, 10:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Went to the local Timberjack dealer the other day , and was very saddened by the bulletin they have in their parts and service department . As of October 2006 there will NO longer be any Timberjacks manufactured . I knwe it would happen sooner or later since Deere bought them out in 2000 and also has since changed their forestry line up to the TJ colors .

Just thought I would post it here for those of you die hard TJ fans and others to read who did not know . It's the end of a era :(

Later Rob

sawguy21

That is sad. There were a lot of TJ's in the bush here.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Rob

Company I work for got a new 460D dual arch in 2005 and were talking about replacing the 548GIII next year with another 460 but thats not gonna happen .. Guess it will be a new 648 or 748GIII next year for me to run.. But none the less very saddening to hear TJ is done for

Coon

That sucks.  TJ has been a way of life in these parts.  Just found an old 230 for sale fairly cheap.
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Sawyerfortyish

My old tj been going so strong it might out last John deere ::)

Button

I don't think so. The new machines are so expensive,nobody but the larger companies can afford them.They are so computer oriented,you will need a degree just to fix them. They are improving themselves beyond what is needed. The older TJ's are easy to fix with generic parts. Sorry TJ Sorry JD I just don't need you anymore. My TJ will endure. Detoit Diesel is still going strong, as long as they do my TJ will always have a future !! If not I will swap in a 6 stroke.
66 timberjack 230
394xp
365 special x 2
woodmaster
the rabbits may outrun the skidder but the saw will catch up to the tree

Ed_K

I read last night that Cat took care of Tigercat the same way. My old Taylor is still going  ;).
Ed K

Sawyerfortyish

Talked to the Tj dealer today because my old 230 broke an axle. It's 32 years old and the parts are still available and will be here by next day air. The TJ dealer told me that the guys with newer machines will be hurt the most by JD as soon as the parts inventory is sold out they won't be able to get parts for them. The older machines have so many aftermarket parts available they'll just keep going and going.

SYOUNG

Ed K

That is a myth that you read, Tigercat is going strong and is an international forestry equipment leader.

Steve

Rob

Hi Ed ,

Long time how ya been ? I think you maybe thinking about Timberking , Cats lineup of wheled and tracked feller bunchers , they will no longer be Timberking now they are going to have Cat or Caterpillar logo's on them . As Tigercat is still up and running .

As for the parts inventory most of the New TJ's atleast the skidders anyway can use alot of the Deere skidder parts etc . So they will be around for a while .

Later Rob

Ed_K

Rob, your right, I should have gone and looked in the TimberHarvester mag again.
Ed K

timberjack240

thats ok the new timberjacks were a real timberjack they were jonh deeres wanna be tj's  ;D  they werent real timberjacks anyway ... real timberjacks were a beautiful ORANGE not ugly green and as long as therea  detoit screamin somwhere the legend of a REAL timberjack will live on  8)

JP Sinclair

Yep, I knew the day I saw JD bought TJ that it was only a matter of time.  I couldn't be happier to have my 84 230E.  What a great machine, detroit power and easy to fix.  That machine is bulletproof.  I bet the old TJ's will get pretty popular, not that they aren't already....

Sawyerfortyish

Ditto JP I got a 74 TJ 230 thats workin every day now

SwampDonkey

I see quite few of the orange ones around.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

I'm sure that they will be around awhile before they're all "green". ;) They're very popular here.
~Ron

timberjack240

ive seen 4 skidders in the past week or so
2 timberjacks
1 john deere (aka peice of junk)  ;D  :D
and 1 BIG cat
and the timberjacks were ORANGE baby   8) 

timberjack240

nothin was meant by that john deere thing i was jokin around here every body JOKES who has the better skidder and why but i gess not everybody does that          so nothin was meant by it and if anybody took it the wrong way thats not how it was meant  it was all in good fun  :)

Jeff

timberjack240, if anyone took offense to that, they need to start hanging out with other loggers and learn how to take an elbow.  Yer right. Timber jacks should be orange. They sink when they are green.
;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

David_c

Quote from: Jeff B on April 13, 2006, 04:43:40 PM
timberjack240, if anyone took offense to that, they need to start hanging out with other loggers and learn how to take an elbow.  Yer right. Timber jacks should be orange. They sink when they are green.
;D

Thanks for the luagh :D :D

timberjack240

now that is definately not a real timberjack that "so called " timberjack is where it belongs  ;D as for the joke  this is the email i got :
"timberjack240 Hopefully this is a helpful hint. 
Knocking down someones product that you don't like doesn't do anyone else any good, nor does it make you look knowledgable. Rather the contrary, and it shows your age.  :)

You have good and helpful knowledge to share, in a positive manner. Keep hanging in there " .... so i figured a few people took it the wrong way but like i sed it was all in good fun  :) nothin meant by it
timberjack 240

sawguy21

Jeff

I cut my teeth when I was a kid of 20 on an old 404 timberjack cable skidder. Been a lot of years but I can still hear and feel that detroit with a full skid when I think about it. I loved working in the woods that fall and winter the mill was closed.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

timberjack240

yea jeff theres nothin liek the sounds of a detroit diggin through the mud loaded down with a skid and all you can hear is bbbbbaaaauuuuuggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  ... thats what makes a true timberjack  ;D and i love it   :D  8)

sawguy21

I remember riding shotgun in a bull nose Kenworth with a 318 and a straight pipe behind the cab. Conversation was next to impossible with the jake on. Cop didn't like it either :D

Thank You Sponsors!