iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tips on fixin' Grits

Started by Bibbyman, March 26, 2006, 08:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

I's fixin' my grits this morning and thought I'd pass along at tip..

As soon as you're done eating them, wash the sauce pan and bowl.  If you leave them covered with grites, it'll set up like wall glue and will be a lot harder to wash later on. 

And that don't make the "kitchen witch" very happy.  >:(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DanG

Now thats a worthwhile tip, fer shore.  Whatever a fella does to keep his bride from being witchy is almost always a good investment.

If'n ya do happen to fumble that step, all is not lost.  Just soak the crusty vessel in water and it'll clean right up.  When I get through eating my grits, ya usually can't even tell the plate has been used. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crtreedude

Just use the left overs to paper the wall - that will make her very happy that you finally got to that neglected chore.

Just trying to be helpful here - as you can see, after they dry, it will take a jack-hammer to work them loose!

Shoot, in my case, there will be plenty of leftovers...
So, how did I end up here anyway?

IL Bull

Quote from: DanG on March 26, 2006, 08:53:35 AM
When I get through eating my grits, ya usually can't even tell the plate has been used. ::)
So do even have to wash the plate? :D ;D
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

swampy

When I fix'em around my house the crew around here lick the pot and the bowls clean, so I don't have such problems. Very good tip though. Ed
It only takes a little sawdust to become addicted. It's even better when you build your own. (HOMEMIZER a.k.a. HOMEY)

Texas Ranger

did y'all forget the cheese in them grits?  That way them northern boys can appreciate 'em, too.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Captain

I've had cheese grits....about the only way to eat them without mixing them with something....

Captain

crtreedude

I will admit, I like cheese grits,

as long as you hold the grits.  ;D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Thank You Sponsors!