iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New blue stuff ifin ya don't read the logging thread

Started by woodmills1, March 25, 2006, 10:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Here is a picture or two of Woodmills lumbers newest addition.

sweet

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

pigman

I am slow, but I begining to think that woodmills likes his new Blue Ox trailer. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sawguy21

Now get that big silly grin off yer face and git back to work.  :D 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

woodmills1

OK OK, :D left at 9:30 back at 12 job was 27 miles away and I brought home this load of half nice pine around 1500 bd ft.  Next time I will put 2 more on.  The truck and trailer towed very well on the highway, both loaded and unloaded.  The transmission temp only went up pulling the big hill during the last mile to my house.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

sawguy21

8) Good equipment, especially new, is such a treat.

woodmills1

Took 2 loads to the local concentration yard today. around 2500 pine along with one 90 bd ft oak, 2 maples at 155 and one black birch around 90 bd ft.  Will get a tally slip and check by fri or monday.  Mz
an there was a few mountains of logs at the yard, 2 loaders many trucks and trailers, a tub grinder and a whell loader with forks.  They had a rens metal detector and one of those hand held tally computors.  Neat place.

woodmills1

check out the spacious accomadations in the one bedroom pine condo in this load. :D

Tim L

I think you must live in a better part of the state than I do !
Do the best you can and don't look back

Tom

You put logs much bigger than that on there and you might end up replacing a hydraulic cylinder or a boom.  Holy Cow what logs.  Are they destined to be split, or do you have a gigantic bandsaw now.  :D :D

sawguy21

I am looking at those logs being centred ahead of the axles. Bet the truck or tractor said oof. :D

Tom

Naw, Sawguy.  Woodmills knows that it will trail better with a little tongue weight.  :D :D

ScottAR

I notice the trailer doesn't seem to think much about it...  Did the loader get those on in one lift or two?
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

woodmills1

The tree actually was in a yard on the tyngsborough, Lowell mass line also on the merrimack river, just afew miles from here.  The sandy banks of the merrimack grow some real nice pine, however this thing is kinda lumpy due to being a tard tree.  This is only the fifth load I have hauled, but have found it tracks better with less bounce by keeping the butts in tight to the headboard.  I also visited with a neighbor who uses a Wheeler Jr. in his tree service business and he reccomended the same, as well as putting any thing longer than 14 feet only on the bottem, ending with eights to balance the overhang.

The loader grunted just a little with the 8 ft 46" butt log and I had to try 3 times to get the 50" grapple to hold on to the short lumpy one.  It did however lift both of them right up and over the stakes in one lift.  While the one ton new they were behind it they came home with out a problem giving a little bouncyness on one rough section of pavement.  The trans temp gage only rises when I climb the hill to my house and once in the yard I put it in 4 wheel low range.

I will probably split the big ones with the 066 before milling.

The tree company I picked this up from was totally impressed. :D :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

Might wanna check that there " Lumpy Log".  Lumpy Pine = Curly Boards = mucho Plata.  8) 8) 8)

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woodmills1

Well that sure is nice lookin figured character wood.  What kinda pine is it?  Looks a bit like our red pine.

pigman

Now Harold, one picture of that purty wood would be enough, two would be bragging , but putting in three pictures is just showing off. :o ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Burlkraft

Hey Deadheader.......You are such a tease :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

getoverit

I went to the blueox website, and as usual they have no prices on them things... in ballpark figures, what does a little ox run?
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Don K

I'm curious as well. That trailer would keep a fella from buying a short wood truck with loader and also do away with the need for a CDL. The way our last two hurricane seasons have gone, it would come in mighty handy.   :)
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

woodmills1

I am not sure why the prices arent listed on the web site, and as such I don't want to publish my price, but will say it is more than say a 7 ton dump trailer but way less than a log truck.  The insurance on the trailer is very affordable esp in comparison to a log truck.  New Hampshire registration is expensive on new equipment however.  Sem
nd me a PM If you need more info, or maybe someone will post the link to a previous thread about the trailer price.

sawguy21

The manufacturers want to be contacted to make the sale and don't want to start an on-line price war.

blueox

Sawguy there are lots of reasons not to put prices on websites. Its not just to make the sale or "not" to have an online price war. But our reasons are simple, we want to explain everything that is included on our equipment. If we publish a price, people by nature, will assume things are or are not included. I like to make sure they understand and I can educate them on the construction and materials used etc....We aren't afraid to publish our prices ...nor are we afraid to send them to see competitors equipment. Plus ....with the price of metal changing these days our prices could change and I don't want to update the website... ;)  I figure if someone is really interested they will want  to talk to me, not just look at my website....or atleast I hope thats the case!!

Don K and Getoverit....I hope you got the info I sent!

Woodsmills ...those pictures are amazing....looks like your having fun!

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

getoverit

I got the info and I'm Impressed :)

The Lil-Ox is what I would mostly be interested in to pull behind my 1 ton truck. I keep getting calls every day about people that have cut down trees and want me to come get the logs. I love free inventory :)

The problem is that I am not getting time to saw it up, but I'm sure that time will come soon. If I had one of those Lil-Ox's, I think it would speed up the processs of getting donated logs and be a heck of a lot easier than what I am doing now to get them loaded too.

I'm saving my pennies :)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

woodmills1

so by the way I just got back from NJ visiting my parents cause Dad isn't doing so well and I haven't done much FF due to that, but I do have to say this.           

I got my first log check

my estamates were  $300 (reasonable scale and grade)  to $700(up grade one for almost all logs and heavy stick

check comes   

$667.55

priceless and way cool[/size]

BLUE OX BABE

Thank You Sponsors!