iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer board outfeed.

Started by KDEC19, March 24, 2006, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDEC19

Anyone got any pictures of how they are using the woodmizer board  outfeed table.  Just curious to how others have arranged it into there system??  Thanks.
gonna do it again......

JV

Not the best pic but the only one I've got.  This was when we first got the mill.  With the Command Control and board return, I figured it would be easier on this old man to have the boards come to me.  I can drop 2 or 3 on the table before moving them.  Also, when a new person (customer) is tailing, it keeps them back where I can watch them. Works especially nice on 12 to 16' stuff.  Disadvantage:  heavy to move - takes two people.

John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Percy

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

woodbowl

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to set mine up. I need to be portable and very light.

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Warren

Woodbowl,

I'd be interested in hearing how the "roller skate" conveyor sections work out.  I have an opportunitiy to trade for a few sections in exchange for some sawing.

Warren
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

KDEC19

I have on at the tail end of the mill.   That way I raise the tow roller a little and pust the timber towards the outfeed table,  then roll it once of the table to the ground.  We are trying to run an edger on the system and can not decide how to incorporate this.  In line is good but both machines need to be running and the edger stays idle to much i feel.  I have thought about outfeed the lumber to be enged onto the ground and then edging it later.  The outfeed table pitches the boards pretty well onto the ground.    I would think that then the edger would work better at a ninety degree angle to the machine.  The shop is sixty feet long and forty wide.  We are setup along the back wall.  Will post some photos.  Any suggestions as to layout would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Keith d
gonna do it again......

JV

I have a couple of roller skate conveyors, but was afraid trying to use them would be another "round tuit", so I bought the one from WM.  I did some "rainy day drawings" for possible future use.  I didn't want to weld to the saw frame, so I thought about using a couple of u-bolts and a piece of 1/4" plate with a piece of pipe welded to it.  Then use a smaller diameter pipe with a stop collar for height adjustment and weld a piece of box frame or channel to the top to mount the conveyor.  For the outboard end legs, use two sizes of pipe to telescope, welded to a piece of box frame.  A refinement on the saw end would be welding a couple of "ears" to the end of the box frame for a pivot pin.  The conveyor could probably be swung over on the bed for transport.  Just some scribbles for possibilities.

John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Thank You Sponsors!