iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dog Breed?

Started by Brian_Bailey, November 11, 2002, 07:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian_Bailey

Has anyone ever heard of an Appalachian Turkey Dog?
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Tillaway

No, I have heard of Boykin spaniels but have never see one.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Bro. Noble

Maybe my neighbor has one or two.  His old hound had a litter of eight.  Two walkers, a black and tan, three bluetics, and two I can't quite place.  As far as I know, they are Applician Turkey dogs.  I think the pups stepsire was registered.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

ARKANSAWYER

Nope,  but I have a Ozark Black Mouth Curr.  Fine coon dog till you shoot then she beats you back to the truck. ???
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Brian_Bailey

I think Noble is as close to an Appalachian Turkey Dog as anyone's ever gonna get. It appears that this breed was invented by some backyard breeder to add value to an ordinary cur dog.

I was talking to a guy today and asked him if he had ever heard of one.  His reply was, " Do they taste anything like kielbasa?"  :D
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Jeff

We have a australian shepherd named Sydney.
An Alaskan Husky named Juno
and a Yorky terrior named scooter. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

There's a whole pack of !@#$%^& Dogs that roam the woods free here and I can find a dozen in my front yard most any morning.  Y'all ever hear of a !@#$%^& dog?

SawBilly

I have heard of a Hot Dog ;D

They are pretty good with ketchup!

Bro. Noble

Tom,

I've not only heard of those dogs but shot several.  They got to be dangerous in our area-----cornering people and killing livestock and pets.  The whole neighborhood got together and eliminated the problem.

Noble

Tom

If I have to I will, but, it's a shame to shoot a dog whose only mistake was to be owned by someone who goes off to work and lets him run.

These are the new "ranchers" that are so common now who buy 5 acres, 3 horses, 4 dogs, chickens and a tractor.  They haven't a blade of grass on the property, the horses are starving and the dogs and chickens run loose while they spend their day in town behind a desk.

Bro. Noble

The dogs we had trouble with were strays (likely dumped by some lowlife) that started running in a pack.  They became very aggressive.

Noble

ADfields

I have Catahoula dogs and have had all my life.   There the more flashey side of Black Mouth Cur's.   Old Yeller was a Yellow Black Mouth Cur but everybody thinks he was a Lab, not to meny know of Cur's and Catahoulas.
Andy

Frank_Pender

Well, fellas I just have to weigh into this, I reckon.  I do not have any hunting dogs around here, except for tresspassers.  He weighs in at 195lbs and is a great house dog to boot.  He started out to be a birthday gift but ended as the wife's puppy and my dog when he is not riding around in here Cadilac.  :D  I lost the gift. :'(  
Frank Pender

ARKANSAWYER

My hounds have to check out every load of logs that come into the place.  My male dog marks them.  
   A few weeks ago Rodney was unlading a truck and a rat ran out of the logs and hit a pile of lumber.  Them hounds were on it like chickens on a june bug.  They worked that pile till the rat lost it's nerve and made a break across the yard.  Never made it as Runt put the sleeper hold on it.  The curr lost interest as soon as it quite moving but the rest played with it till there was not much left.  
  LBJ is bad about getting on top of the log while it is on the mill and jumps off when the head gets near her.  She scares alot of folks the first time they see it.  I tell them she is just the log dog and has to make sure I am cutting it right.
 ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!