iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tom had a surprise party!

Started by Tom, November 09, 2002, 07:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I never suspected a thing.  My Birthday isn't until the 25th, but today, the ninth, I was sent from the house to spend the day with one of my Old Timers who had called Wednesday.

We got in his truck and started the day at the Flea Market.  It's been several years since I had been to this particular one and I really enjoyed myself.   He bought a small hand plane and an orange squeezer. When we entered we had to buy a 50 cent ticket.  On the ground at the ticket window was a huge tomato.  I picked it up and put it on a fence post so the person who lost it might find it.  The ticket lady said " You picked it up, it's yours".  I said, "sell it".  When we left the Flea Market the tomato was still there and the lady yelled after me, "Don't forget your tomato'.  I left with a free tomato. :D

Then we went to a Jacksonville Buffet called Barnhills and ate more than our fill.  It took a long time and we joked and had a good time.  then we visited a Big Lots and a Boot Store where I bought myself a pair of Wolverine low quarters.  Not finished, we stopped at Home Depot where I was to shop for a present for my brother-in-law and then to my Old-timers house.  It was 4:30

We had a cup of coffee and I excused myself because my wife said that I had to make a fire to cook steaks in the backyard.  Her mother and brother were coming over.

I came down the driveway, made the last turn and saw two large pavillion tents in the front yard.  What in the heck is going on?

I studied it for a long time before I completed the turn and drove to the house.  Then I saw the sign.  It was a surprise Birthday party for ME !

My wife had cleaned the yard, gotten help to erect rented tents loaded with tables, invited my friends and customers and had the party catered by a local Bar-B-Cue resturant.  There was a bonfire about 10 feet square and 4 feet tall, made from some (I hope) scrap logs.

What a good time I had.  There were people I hadn't seen in years.  All my Old-Tiimers were there and so was my eldest son and his wife. My secretary from my Corporate days was there and I've had a blast.

Finally, after much conversation and hoopla, everyone left and I have come into the house.  Fully expecting it to be midnite, I found that it was only 9:30.  I've still got time to talk and be in bed by a decent hour.

Happy Birthday to me.  Happy birthday to me.  Happy birthday dear To--m-m-m-m  Happy birthday to me.

Fla._Deadheader

Pretty neat deal. Done up right. Congrats, Tom.  Harold
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woodman

Jim Cripanuk

CHARLIE

It's downhill from there bucksnort! Geeeez you're old...... Sixty! Wow.......... :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Noble_Ma

Happy Birthday to ya Tom.  Many more to ya.

Jeff

Wish I could have been there my friend.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

Happy Birthday Tom 8)
Sounds like you had a busy crew around your house...and they cleaned up the scrap pile too (I hope) :D

CHARLIE

Hey! Old, old ancient decrepid white haired brother!  How come there wasn't 60 candles on that cake?  
a) Couldn't get a fire permit.
b) Couldn't find a store that sold that many candles.
c) Size of the cake was too small.
d) Brother Charles wasn't there.
e) Sympathetic wife and friends.
 f) All of the above.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

I think I'd have to pick (f), Charlie........but...............

My old secretary was there and she kept following me around and hugging me ;D and I kept hugging her back 8) and nobody ever said anything 8),  I think I'm going to like this "old Man" thing :D 8)

Tillaway

Any cake left?  If so send a piece my way. ;)  Happy early Birthday Tom.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

RavioliKid

Happy early birthday, there Old Timer Jr.!  :D
RavioliKid

Steve

Happy Birthday Tom

I sure thank you for the help and friendship you have shown me while on this forum. I'll bet you have way more friends than you know.
If you're ever in Hawaii..........
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Kevin_H.

Happy 60th Tom,
Hey whats the next hair color after white? ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

Happy Birthday Tom.
Eat the cake and send me your old secretary .  ;D

CHARLIE

Tom! That doesn't look like an old secretary to me!! Holy Cow!!She must be blind though or forgot her glasses if she was following you around and giving you hugs. I wouldn't do that! :o
Charlie

Tom

Charlie, there is something about age that makes the girls lose their inhibitions.  Not the age of the gal, the age of the guy.

remember old Mr. Miley at the church?  He was an editor at the New Tribune when I was there.  He would enter in the morning and begin hugging all the lady reporters and after awhile they would meet him at the door and hug him first.  He wasn't particularly good looking.  He was short. His face was not bi-lateral and he wore a 4 or 5 inch raised shoe because one leg was shorter than the other.  (or one was longer than the other ??? :-/)

One morning, as he passed close to me after a round of hugging in the office, he said out of the corner of his mouth, "I couldn't get away with this when I was 20" and grinned. :D

OneWithWood

Happy birthday, Tom 8)
Obviously all the love and good will you spread around found its way back to you!
Here's to your next decade 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

Thank's Y'all for the nice comments.  

I'm neither grey nor white, I'm Platinum blonde :D

Kevin

Is it really true that Wood-Mizer supplied the table covers?

Tom

Ha!  I hadn't noticed that. You might be right. I'll have to ask my wife.

You don't suppose anybody will notice the ones that are missing from the 20th Anniversary Party in Indy, do you? ;D :D

Brian_Bailey

Happy Birthday Tom and many more.  
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Frank_Pender

Well. Tom, your part of the state will never be the same.  The best for you and your family in the next decade.   We never know what may come our way 'till it is over  and then we are still curious as to how all things come to be by way of fri
endships.  Thank you for being a friend to so many folks.  ;D
Besides the supriise party as a gift, did you get  some new milling equipment from the "boss". 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Gordon

Bet you were both  
 and when you made that last turn into your drive. Bet you were once you figured out what was going on.

.So the mrs was smart enough to hire out the for the

Well if you got in at the early hour you said you did then the
didn't have to be called because of a bunch of making too much noise. But I bet now that you think back on it your
that the party ended as quick as it did. Heck even if the had to be called it sure would be something to talk about.  :o :o

Well bottom line is that I want to take the time to wish you a very belated happy birthday. Well is this actually belated? Heck who cares, Happy bithday Tom! Your one heck of a
, heck at times your even a little and even
 but never
 or ------cant find a smiley for a good all around guy. But thank you for sharing all that you do.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM

Gordon

Tom

A smiley king has spoken!

What a message.

Did you study braille too, Gordon?

Blush!

Thanks.

Thank You Sponsors!