iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log end sealer

Started by Homer, March 17, 2006, 07:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Happy Saint Pattys Day;
has anyone had success using a garden sprayer to apply wax emulsion end sealer. I don't get a decent fan spray and waste a lot of sealer. Input would be appreciated.

Homer

Dan_Shade

i use a roller, never tried a sprayer.  I have a 4" one I bought at lowes, i dip it into a small bucket with anchorseal in it, and go roll it on.  works great, and it's pretty fast.

i'm sure somebody will chime in that can help you pretty soon.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

brdmkr

I use a roller too.  Spraying might be quicker, but the roller doesn't take too long.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Furby

UC Coatings sells a sprayer to be used with Anchorseal.
A regular garden sprayer don't work they claim due to particle size of the product.
Don't have one myself, as I just use a brush.
Might want to take a spare tip for the garden spayer and maybe ream it out just a touch.

BBTom

I use a backpack garden sprayer with a t-jet tip in it for a fan spray. Not sure what size the t-jet is, I could look tomorrow and let you know.. It is a bit wasteful, but it gives good coverage and is very fast.  takes about 5 seconds to do the average log end.  I think a regular garden sprayer would not work as it cannot give the pressure needed to develop a good fan spray with that heavy a material.  I am tempted to try a 12 volt on demand pump sprayer, I have one I use for weed spray and I think it may work.  Hate to mess up a 100 dollar sprayer to find out.  Anyone else try it already???

2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

SawDust_Studios

If you do use a pump sprayer, or even a hand sprayer. Make sure you clean it well!! That stuff seems to hide everywhere  ::)
Making Sawdust on a Woodmizer LT40SHD CAT 51 /WM Twin Blade Edger and WM DH Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!