iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rust reaper

Started by tnlogger, March 17, 2006, 10:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnlogger

Wal now while I was waitting for the auction to end I called Mike P and ordered a case of them there Pen oilers that he sells . Seeing that here in my part of the woods no one ever heard of um.
wal here in sparta we have a mixture of old coots young coots that believe in not changing  they stay with the tried and true  ::)

I stop at a buddys car lot to loffera and he had an old chevy truck there it took 2 men 1boy and a mule to lift the hood. wal now being the freind i am i said greg I can fix that there hood  ;D  wal now i'll tell ya he done puffed up like a banty rooster and said knock yer self out.

wal I grabed a coulple of them old coot and with me and a young fella that stopped in we comenced to get that there hood up. ( note to self make sure the mule is there next time )

wal we did get it up  after a lot of cussing by the old coots and greg just rolling on the ground laughing at us. I then reach in my shirt pocket and pulled out one of them things that look a whole lot lck a pen
and comenced to putting drops on all the hinges and any thing that had ta turn .

wal now let me tell ya all them old boys know I'm on a lot of meds, so just figged I done whet over the edge at last  ;)  I just smiled and said I'll buy lunch and when we get back that there hood will be good as new . away we whent amid some betting all againt me and had some BBQ. 45 min later back at the lot  I done work that there hod up and down a few time gave it another squirt or two , and slamded it shut. I then just walked over to the bench and sits down . wal now by then we had the afternoon crowd in there and they all just looked at me real funny like . Wal I'll tell ya all I did was sit and talk about the upcoming election  ;D

they just could'nt stand it  greg said wal what about that hood? all i did was tell him ta open it  :D :D

he done give me a puzzled look like i did done lose my mind. and went over popped the catch went to the front garbed with both hands turned around looking fer help not getting any he gave a heave and done hit himself in the jaw as he was to close  :D :D :D. Wal now I'll tell ya every dern one of them old boys had ta try that there hood.  ;D
I have done something no one has done in a long long time I done converted them old coots inta buying some thing new outa 24 oiker I had I am down to 4  ;D

the moral of this here story is  RUST REAPER works  Mike thanks  and the old coots thank ya too  8)
gene

Jeff

I'll try to take a couple of pictures on something I just fixed that is almost 90 years old that may have been broke for 50 years, who knows. The only tool I used as well was Rust Reaper.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mike_P.

Gene:

That's a great story.  Using Rust Reaper, or seeing it work, is the best proof of what it can do. 

Thanks for your interest and efforts on behalf of Rust Reaper.  Thanks, also for your support of the Forestry Forum auction of the Rust Reaper gallon and sprayer.

Mike

Jeff:  What izzit?

wiam

I got a small oiler from Captain on his last demo day.  I put some in the door lock on my astro which has not worked since I got the van last fall.  ( I think they had never been used because of remote entry)  I did not even wait,  just put the key in and turned.

8) 8) 8) 8)

Will

beenthere

Using my rust reaper in the teardown of this old Deere 110, that my father bought new. It's been used and/or stored and getting a bit rusty. The application of the rustreaper has made it possible to easily remove all nuts and studs so far. What a treat.  :)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mike_P.

beenthere:

Glad to hear that Rust Reaper is helping with that old John Deere.  I get a lot of enjoyment by getting something going that has been idle for a while.  Especially, when it has been in the family.

As well as a penetrant, RR is a good lubricant.  I recently sold some Rust Reaper to the farmer where we buy our asparagus.  He is using it on the drive roller chains on this harvesters.  It is an excellent lube for that application since it migrates quickly into the friction points and has excellent lubricity.  There are some folks here on the Forum that use it on roller chains also.

Thanks,

Mike

sawguy21

tnlogger, I had to laugh reading your story, especially the part about Greg smacking himself in the chops.  :D :D :D I can picture the scene.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ohsoloco

Great story, Gene.   Must've been over a month ago by now that I bought a three wheeler from one of my friends.  I have two just like it, so why not a third  ;D  About three years ago he took the spark plug out of it wanting to replace it, and never put another on in it  ::)  Sat outside since then, and when I bought it and took it home I found out the piston was siezed (it was still worth every penny I paid for it since it has new tires on it).  Ordered my rust reaper the same day I picked it up.  Used it on all of the cables, and put some in the cylinder as well.  Weeks went by and I still couldn't budge that piston free with the rope starter.  Removed it and put a lug wrench on the crank.  Hardly took any effort to get that piston moving again.  Had the motor running last weekend  8)

Modat22

rust reaper helped me take the engine rebuild from

this.

to this.

i have more photos of the rebuild in my gallery
remember man that thy are dust.

Weekend_Sawyer

We like to keep gift giving simple. For Christmas last year I gave all of my brothers a Rust Reaper pen. Never heard anything about them until last Friday night. I was down in Chris's barn, getting ready to work on my disk cultivator when Chris came in. He said, "You might want to put some of that stuff you gave me on those bolts. Worked great on my M", he has a Farmall M.

So I put a couple of drops on each of the 16 very rusty bolts I was going to try and remove, gave them a minute, gave them a light rap with a ball peen hammer and whaddya know, they all broke free with little effort.

That was my first time using da reaper but Chris and I are now both beleivers. This stuff works!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

twoodward15

I just ordered some for Fathers Day gifts.....................and for myself.  I wanted some and this was a good excuse to order some for me while I was getting it for others.  Ordered some pens to give away as well.
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Mike_P.

twoodward15:

Thanks for the order.  We shipped it yesterday.  I think it is a great idea to give Rust Reaper as a gift.  I am surprised at the number of people doing that. 

I'm also surprised at the variety of applications that folks have found for RR.  We had a fellow purchase some to use in the restoration of an old saxophone, and a local guy swears it is the best thing going for fireplace door hinges.

Mike

twoodward15

The RR I ordered will be used mostly on antique tractors and ATV's.  I finally had an excuse to order some for myself.  It's a good gift for someone that has everything already, but works on things a lot.  Fast shipping I might add.  Thanks.  I don't think it was 3 hours and I got an e-mail saying it was shipped.

beenthere

A close friend of mine early last month showed me a large gun collection that he is in the process of 'selling' for a close friend of the family. Seemed this friends husband, prior to passing away 10 years ago, had spent his adult life collecting pre-civil war (and Civil War) guns of every size and description, from long guns to pistols. Most everything black powder. In addition, the collection included 'blunderbuss's' that you see in the hands of the pirates in depictions of many years ago. Also were sets of dueling pistols complete with pearl handles, powder boxes, flint, and ramrods. Then the collection included the commemoratives that were sold commemorating manufactureres like Colt, Smith and Wesson, and Browning.  Many, many guns. This friend had just received them and was looking up many of them to assess their condition and decide how to dispose of them for the lady who didn't even know until she had them loaded in her SUV that there were so many guns in her house.
Now to the point....several of the actions of these guns and small pistols shown to me were 'frozen' and the trigger, or the hammer, or the slide mechanisms wouldn't move. When I left that night, I couldn't help but think RUST REAPER ........to the rescue.

I made a trip back to his place to leave a 1 oz bottle of the RR and suggested to his wife that he might want to try it, even though he had said he was afraid to use any kind of penetrating oil for fear it might have a negative effect.
Until tonight, I hadn't heard if he even tried the RR and this was more than a month ago. So I called tonight. We talked guns and how the sales were going, when he brought it up about that "rust remover" stuff I left with him. He said that worked so DanG good, he called up the place in Michigan and ordered some more. He said it didn't refurbish every gun but the most of them were now in a good working condition. Also, that he uses some soft pad with the RR that restores the finish and doesn't rub through the bluing.  A very happy customer for Mike.  :)
I was confident I could give a good report on the RR, and glad I can.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

That is good news for that gun collection. It would be priceless.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

twoodward15

Man that was fast.  I ordered tuesday morning and yesterday (thursday) when I got home from work it was sitting at my door.  I haven't opened the box yet, but I will tonight.

Mike_P.

twoodward15:  That was fast on the part of UPS.  I would have thought it would have taken 3 days to arrive at your place.  Regarding order turn around, we normally try to ship the same day that receive an order.  Thanks for the order.

"beenthere":  When we were developing the Rust Reaper formula, the fellow with whom we worked had used many of the ingredients in a gun lube that was never commercialized.  We added other ingredients/changed proportions and, apparently, the resultant product works well on firearms.  Certainly glad that it worked well for your friend.  Thanks for letting him know about Rust Reaper.

We really appreciate the Forestry Forum support :)

Mike

Thank You Sponsors!