iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OK you guys, Close yer eyes

Started by Fla._Deadheader, November 09, 2002, 03:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Remember, it's still ugly. Paint was for non-rusting purposes. Everything rusts here in about 20 minutes. We're 3 miles from the ocean. ;D

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

smwwoody

8)looks great 8)  need to see saw dust now
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Tillaway

Maybe we should call you Doctor.... Frankenstien. ;D ;)  It lives... oh... wait...no, not quite yet.  Looks good, let us see a picture or better yet... video of it in action. ;D
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Jeff

Looks pretty impressive to me. Color aint everything. Ya'll remember the movie "Operation Pettycoat"? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Corley5

8) 8)  What's it got for a power plant?
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Brian_Bailey

Looking good, Harold!!  I really admire you folks that can fab.up something as neat as a sawmill. Way to go  8).
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Paul_H

Jeff,
Wasn't that about a sub forced out of dry dock,Pink?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Fla._Deadheader

Once the blade guides are on, I figure it will CUT a 38" board. It SHOULD nibble away on a 48" log, slowly. The saw blade will raise 49" above the bed. Hopefully, we can take apart some of the big "Pecky" logs we get, instead of taking them to the mill with the others.

Going logging this coming Tuesday, so, no progress on the mill. Waiting for the loader cylinders and 5 spool valve bank.

Need to get the up-down parts and circuit figured out and the go get-um parts and circuit figured out. May look for a ready made system. Someone posted on here a good while back about a remote they built for their mill. I messaged him and e-mailed him. No response. Anyone got any helpful info??

I can build about anything, BUT, electronicals are NOT something I can figure out. Maybe it's not as difficult as I try to think it is ???

Corley, it has a "Porsche" engine. 4 cylinder, air cooled. Looks ugly and gangly with the fan shroud and carb and all sticking way up above the "real" engine part.

Paul, It COULD be running in about 2 weeks, IF I had the money to finish it.

Parts, so far, $1600.00, including all electric motors, the hydraulic cylinders and used pump, AND engine.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

QuoteJeff,
Wasn't that about a sub forced out of dry dock,Pink?

Yep!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

C_Miller

Is that chromate paint? cool

I remember the thread about the remote system and it struck me as a system similar to the ones used on locomotives and overhead cranes. there is a belly box that you wear that controls the crane, train or automobile by rf I think.

If you find a local overhead crane company they should be able to help you out.
CJM

Fla._Deadheader

Not chromate, just BRIGHT YALLER !!  Thanks for the "remote" info.
   First, it is ridiculed;

ARKANSAWYER

WOODMIZER sells their paint. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

C_Miller

Nice yaller base coat, I'm thinkin "Candy Apple Orange".

C
CJM

Fla._Deadheader

I'm kinda committed (or maybe I SHOULD be committed) :D to a deal that Tom proposed. (Only if you paint it pink, mauve and lavender, then you will deserve to post where you like.  That would take guts.) Remember that post Tom ??? Referrenced to my "porsche" engine!!   :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

D._Frederick

Looks like you have spent a lot of hrs sofar, a nice job!  
Don"t paint it orange or  you will have a visit from WM staff of lawyers.
I worked at the Cape C. one fall and winter. We could go out in the morning and scrape salt crystals off things, is that the way it is were you are?
Are you planning to have electric over hydraulics for control? If so you, most of component will come with wiring diagrams if they are new, or you can give the mfg. a call and ask for them.

Tom

Yeah, I remember. it does take guts too.  

Think about it before you make fun of the fellow in the pink shirt.  He might not be........   in which case he's probably nobody to mess with. :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

Hi "D". No salt cyrstals here. The Cape juts out into the ocean, so, has far more exposure. I am "rigging" some controls which will be electric motors AND hydraulic cylinders. Haven't decided about hydraulic feed for the head. So far all hydraulics are cylinders for loaders and roller toeboards and back stop arms. Funny, they are called "headblocks" on a circle mill???

Tom, you are supposed to be covered up with work, but, post on the forum before dark???  You got somebody runnin the mill we don't know about?? ;) ;)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Taking me a little vacation, Harold.

I guess that is what is the best part of punching your own clock.  You get to decide when you punch it. :D :D

ADfields

Well Tom this must say that I have guts!   This was my new towtruck back in 1989 and it's purple, teal and black with hot pink lettering on the side.   All the other towers in town sead I needed to have pink coveralls with lace gloves to run that truck.   Business was good befor we put this truck on the road as our 3rd heavy but a year later we had 8 heaveys on the road and everyone wanted that purple wrecker to come on ther job!   This was a $14,000 paint job and by far the best looking truck I ever had, the other trucks pant were all around $7,000 but lacked the "FLASH" of this one.   The plane on the air dam was a grand and done by a kid in the Air Force at Luke Field and did airbrush work on his time off, I dont rember the kind of plane it was off hand now.

Fla._Deadheader that paint job was the best business move I ever made so you GO FOR IT!
Andy

(Note from admin: Thnis picture width edited from 702 down to 350 in width. Our friends with 15 inch monitors had to go in the next room to see this one...)

Tom

Tim the Tool Man would say, Arg-g-h--h---h--h !  oo-o  oo-o-h

D._Frederick

Fla._
For the carriage drive, my choices would be a hydrostatic hydraulic or SCR controlled dc motor. Both types are available at surplus outlets. They give easy control of carriage speed.

ADfields

Everyone had something to say about it.   I do miss the toys but I dont miss the bills, thay came EVERY mounth you know! :o
Andy

Thank You Sponsors!