iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homebrew Remedies and Concoctions

Started by Radar67, March 16, 2006, 12:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

DanG, I know all about yer yeller female cats.  ::)  Those yeller cats ain't exactly females.  .................. Course they ain't exactly males neither.  smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch

Here's one of Dangs yeller cats hiding for his life uh ....... he's just hiding! You could say it's just a measley matter, and that he is concerned.  ;D

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

clif

Put Dandelion milk on your warts often to make them go away.  It takes several days.
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

Bill

Gotta love some of those old time cures - Here's a couple I've read about or used  . . .  best be checking with a doctor for ailments though !  And note - I am not a doctor - nor am I practicing medicine here - just passing along information !

Cut ( esp someplace that sees lots of use like a hand or foot ) - the Romans used honey to cover the wound ( from battle to prevent infection which was deadly in those days ) - keeps out germs and lets the new skin grow in - I've even used it on an infected cut on my foot with success. Cheaper by far than the store bought stuff and one of my favorites - frequent liberal doses worked well for me .

Diarrhea/upset stomach - simple cases may respond well to dried blueberries - started with smaller doses to see that its helping and didn't get carried away

Colds and flu - a clove or so of garlic per day - the Russians used it in WWII as they couldn't afford the new antibiotic - penicillin . It may have an affect on viruses also according to legend .

Toothache - it is almost common knowledge that oil of clove gives temporary relief of a toothache but lesser well known was that dentists had also used derivatives of cloves to deaden pain before they gave you that first shot - at least so I've been told by an older dentist some years back.

Prostate - several European and Eastern European countries' males eat a handful of pumpkin seeds per day to keep a healthly normal sized prostate. A benefit is that they're rich in zinc which is reputed to rachet up older immune systems a notch - or so they say .

Just some trivia for those that like to know how things were done yesteryear - if you're sick make sure to see a doctor . . .

jon12345

On the nicotine subject, I saw on tv once a tribal woman went to her 'witch doctor' because there was some kind of weevil living in her arm or leg maybe.  The 'doctor' lit up a big cigar and spit in her hand. blowing the smoke into the spit to capture the nicotine.  Then the spit was applied to the weevil hole and voila out comes weevil.  Soo if any of ya get weevil problems, now ya don't have to call the witch doctor.    :D :D :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

sawguy21

I hate to think what that stuff must do to my innards. It is a good bug and tar remover too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Radar67

I guess that's another added benefit of quitting nicotine.  :D :D :D  (48 days and counting) 8)

Ya'll keep em coming...been some good ones posted so far.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Onthesauk

Another common cough relief was white lighting and honey, half and half.  Or maybe you just didn't care if you had a cough or not.

Tooth ache relief where I grew up in Montana was to pack the tooth with snuff or chaw.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

james

nother cure for folks whats bothered by black flies is to cover your self with bourbon  and a light dusting of sand the little buggers get drunk and start throwing rocks at each other ;D ;D ;D ;D
james

sprucebunny

:D :D :D Good one , James !!!

I've been using tea tree oil and olive oil on toenail fungus. Not exactly homebrew but it seems to help.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sawguy21

Quote from: james on March 18, 2006, 08:08:34 PM
nother cure for folks whats bothered by black flies is to cover your self with bourbon  and a light dusting of sand the little buggers get drunk and start throwing rocks at each other ;D ;D ;D ;D
james
That is too funny :D :D :D

thurlow

SB....re: toenail fungus.  Doctor who writes self-help column in local paper (syndicated nationally) swears by Vicks Vaporub.  Lots of info on net........................
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Teri

If you have gallstones.......

mix one cup of olive oil, one cup of lemon juice, and a teaspoon of ginger and put in a blender. Drink it all down if you can, and go lay down on your right side for at least a 1/2 hour or longer.

BUT, make sure nobody has to go to the bathroom because you WILL be running for it! :o   You have to do this once a day for at least 5 days...

Its nasty stuff to try to choke down. I had to do it and now I stay away from the greasy foods. I would rather take a good thrashing than drink that stuff again. Just writing this,I can smell it! :(

woodbowl

Coloidal Silver for whatever is ailing ya. You can buy it in the health food stores for about $20. per 4 oz. bottle. I make my own for about $1 a gallon.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

woodbowl

Use two silver electrodes that are 99.999 pure. (sterling silver can be poisonous) Suspend them in about a pint of pure distilled water with approx. 27 volts. The silver colloids will break off the anode and seek a pathway toward the cathode. Timming and stirring is important, because they will re-cling making a larger partical and inferior product. Also there is a problem with maintaining constant voltage. Conductivity increases due to the saturation of the silver in the water, causing bigger break offs and "run away".
   This is very crude and makes a fair product if you have a lot of time to baby it. Actually the voltage should be stepped down as the saturation is increased to insure the constant partical size and maximum saturation point to produce a stable colloid.
     After learning the ropes, I decided to find a colloidal silver generator that could monitor the action and automatically adjust to the constant change of the process. Out of the hundreds of folks out there that would like to sell you a colloidal silver generator, I have only found two that know what they are talking about and are able to produce a lab grade product. Almost all the rest are quick to say that their gen is the best, but only amouts to three 9V batteries in a box with an on/off switch and a pretty little red light on top.
     I have the silver puppy generator and magnetic base.  http://www.silverpuppy.com/page1b.html  It can produce the smallest, most stable partical sizes by stepping down the voltage and stirring it at the proper speed. It takes several hours to make, and shuts itself off when finished. This is the best home generator that I know of.

Tom

It's only fair that some home remedies be seen from the scientific side.  With overexposure, many can be harmful.

Argyria is a case of silver accumulating in the human body.  Ionic Silver is apparently not passed but continues to accumulate.

It pays to study and be aware of all remedies to which we subject our body, whether prescribed or self administered.  :)

DanG

You got that right, Tom!  Sometimes, the cure is worse than the ailment.  This can apply to diet, as well as medicinal treatments.  Take yer basic Collard green, for example.  Collards are good for ya, loaded with cancer-fighting antigens.  But, as I learned last week, they're also loaded with vitamin K, which promotes clotting of the blood, thereby putting some people at greater risk of heart attack and stroke. :o  The Dr. just banned my pore old Aunt from any leafy green veggies for this reason.  On the other hand, my Wife has a very low platelet count, so needs more of'em.  Best of both worlds for her. 8)

I'm a fan of a balanced diet and "all things in moderation."
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

solodan

A spoon full of mayonnaise gets the sap off your're hands.

The oil from a eucalyptus leaf rubbed on your skin keeps the mosquitos off.

Don P

Pioneer baby powder ... Powderpost beetle dust  :D.
Spiderweb on a cut to help clotting.
Potato to draw the poison out of an infection
Maggots to remove the infected tissue from a bad infection.

I think I'm queasy now  ::)

Dana

If you aren't alergic, a honey bee sting will take care of your arthritis.  :) If you are alergic, you won't be worring about the arthritis. ;)
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

thedeeredude

what's white lightning?  I ain't been around that long :D

sawguy21

Thank You Sponsors!