iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM LT 40 Blowing 5 amp fuse

Started by apt, March 16, 2006, 11:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apt

I have just bought a new mill (my 1st) with the 42HP Kubota Engine. First 4 hours of use = up down motor spring/belt problem (appears resolved after new spring and belt)
Alas  my mill has started  blowing the 5amp fuse continuously so tried a 7.5 and same result. Cannot see what the problem can be - it won't start due to this fault -Any suggestions
From A  ???Novice

jpgreen

Welcome to the Forum APT.. smiley_beertoast

You obviously have a short.  Something is grounding out somewheres and running bigger fuses will eventually burn something up.

Hard to diagnose without a looksee.  Call Woodmizer, and they'll help you get on your way back sawing..  :)
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

New Inn Wood Man

Hi there,

I have some experience of this if it is the same fuse. A couple of points spring to mind.

1-Who is you local WM agent, how close are they to you and where are you?. On a new mill of this value I might be keen to insist they get involved in something like this. If your actions cause any damage that might be more difficult to cover on warranty. They get a healthy commision for a mill like this so they should be right there with you.

2-On a technical note, I run exactly the same machine and have had a fuse blow which is under the pressed steel cover on the side of the engine. Adjacent to the heater plug relay. Is this the same fuse you have had trouble with?

Cheers

Richard aka NIWM

ronwood

apt,

Welcome to the forum. If you haven't I would give the support staff at Woodmizer a call. I'm sure that they can help.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

sparks

APT, The only 5 amp protection we use is for the fuel solenoid emergency shut off. It will blow if the temp sensor grounds or if the fuel solenoid shorts out. Un plug the temp sensor and see if everything works. If it still blows, unplug the fuel solenoid and unbolt it from the engine. See if all is well. Which ever you eliminate fixes the problem replace that part. If it still blows with both of those removed from the circuit, then you have a shorted gray wire to the tewmp sensor. Let us know what you find.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!