iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

downloadable doyle

Started by two saw, March 13, 2006, 08:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

two saw

Does anyone know of a web site that would have a downloadable version of a Doyle log scale that one could possibly print out and take with them?
I have seen an International one that was like a little slide rule and I was wondering if there was something that someone knows about.
D&L TS 36 DTH twin saw

Tom

Ask Jeff for one of our "Whackolators".

Warren

IF you are ever at one of the shows, Woodmizer has give-away pocket slide calculators for Doyle and International log scales and dimension lumber scale.
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

RMay

You can get the bf. for Doyle by diameter on the small end of the log    D-4 X D-4 X length of log  divided by 16 . this is what I use on the big-uns thats not on the log rules ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

'Nother idea...

Just put the Doyle scale on the stick you're measuring with.

Here's one LogRite makes.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

GregS

TwoSaw,
I put together a spreed sheet that has 3 rules on it.  You fill in the number of logs in the "yellow" row and it gives you a total bf count.  Keep in mind there is a section for 8', 12' and 16' lengths.  Let me know if this helps!

Greg S

GF

Attached is one you can print out that I created its in PDF format, has all three scales on it.  In the top gray area you can click on it and put you business name in also before printing. 

Ron Wenrich

We do have 2 calculators.  One to figure up the individual log, and the other to figure up entire loads.  They're downloadable to your computer.  Look under "foum extras" in the upper right hand corner.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Todd

With the logs I get, I need a scaling stick that goes from 3'-12', 6"-48"...whats a 16', 20" diameter log look like? ;)
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

woodhick

two saw where in WV are you located?
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Thank You Sponsors!