iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paging all Illinois Members in the Path of Last nights Tornado!

Started by Kirk_Allen, March 13, 2006, 09:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

Some of our members were in or near the path the best I can tell.

Buzzsaywer
IL_Bull

The storm came through Illinois last night left quite a path of destruction form what little footage we can see today. 

There were several tonados reported but most of the whole city of Springfield is out of power still today.  One tornado went 3 miles north of my Dads place.

That particular tornado was heading right for IL_Bulls area.  I am guessing they took a pretty hard hit in his area.

Lets keep them in our prayers! 

TexasTimbers

I saw it on the news early this morning. They are still covering it. The weather channel is showing damage in Arkansaa right now. I hate to hear anyone was harmed, but of course especially "our own". Hope everyone is okay.
They just said Indiana is getting hit right now with T-Storms moving at 75 - 80 MPH!
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

wesdor

We had heavy rain and high winds, but no tornado that came through our immediate area.  Lost power about 9:30 last night and it didn't come back on until a little after midnight.

Our son was at church (Davenport) working with their youth group and they had a major amount of water coming in through the basement walls.  When he got home, he reported no damage to the house.

This morning we have even higher winds.  But at least the rain that fell yesterday has helped provide some "starter" moisture for farmers. 

It sounds like a lot of people a bit south of us (Quad Cities) have it much worse.  Like Kirk says, they need our prayers.

Cedarman

We had our tornado 2 years ago Memorial Day.  Destroyed about 1/3 of the town of Marengo.  They are still rebuilding. So our prayers go out to those of you affected by this deadly weather.  Storm should be here in about 5 minutes.  Doesn't look as bad as they said it could be.  Let's hope for the best.

Keep us posted so we can offer assistance as needed.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

MULE_MAN

Well here is Central Missouri there saying 10 people dead so far
from the storm that went through here,

Had several Tornadoes come through & some Hail golf ball to baseball
size !!!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Kirk_Allen

MM,
I am guessing that is the storm that hit Central Illinois last night.  Actually there were two storms but the first one was the worst.

Talked with Dad this morning and he lost power around 2 am and is till out of power.  He has the generators running for water for the animals but said it doesnt look good considering there is NO STEAM coming from the City Power Plant.  It appears its all shut down and from what we have seen in the past that could take a few days to get going again. 

Looks like the West side of Springfield took a pretty hard hit and the community of Jerome was the worst from what is being reported.  No word on any deaths yet but after seeing several idiots ducking to walk under downed power lines I am sure its only a matter of time before one of them gets cooked. 

Interstate 72 is shut down west of town because of power lines on the highway and a corn crib in the west bown lane.  A guy hit that one last nigh during the storm.  Minor damage to the car but I bet the air bag deploying in his face was a wake up call. 

flip

I have a small storage bin behind my house at last count it had about a foot of water in it.  We're getting rained on now...again.  Need to put the sucba gear on the chickens tonight ::)  So much for getting out and putting some trees down, I think I'll let the wind do the hard part for me.

Best to all who are wet,

Flip
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Murf

That same wacky weather is supposed to hit southern & central Ontario later today.  ::)

I sure hope Buzz & everyone else is alright.

The storm is gona make a real change in the weather here though, no possibility of twisters up here, but down towards the soth-west end they say it prolly will.

Today it's going to be 55° and thunderstorms, tomorrow they say 30° and 4" of snow!  :o
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Bro. Noble

My daughter was putting their calves in the barn when the storm came.  The hail was big enough that she decided to ride it out in the barn with the calves.  The hail killed a neighbors dog and knocked a lot of windows out of cars and houses just north of us.  Our creeks are impassable,  but otherwise,  other than losing some sleep,  we didn't have any damage.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

IL Bull

We lost power from 8 PM on Sunday untill 6 AM this morning.   Not much storm damage at the Bull ranch but the next town north,  Cornland was hit pretty hard.  Springfield has areas that look like a war zone.  Most power has been restored except in the hardest hit areas.
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Kirk_Allen

Sure glad to hear all is well at your place.

Still havent been able to get ahold of Buzz.  He might have been on the southern portion of the storm but not sure.

Looks like anyone in the Springfield area should be swimming in trees for some time 8)

Daren

I am glad that little system has moved on, we have had a bad storm every night for several days. No tornadoes thank goodness, but TONS of rain and wind. The wind is gusting 50 mph this afternoon. I have been a little nervous about them since we had one a few years back at another house I lived in. Hail as big as charcoal briquettes that last for 20 minutes, that just beat everything to pieces. Knocked off all my shingled roofs, broke windows in the house, beat the vinyl siding off the south and west side of the house and garages. I have 15 minutes of it on video. It was early spring and the cover was still on the swimming pool. It was a heavy duty reinforced canvas cover, those hail stones were going through it like it was toilet paper. I told my wife this weekend I wanted to try to find that tape and watch it again. I have pretty good sized hands and 3 stones was all I could hold at once, and it lasted soooo long.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Fla._Deadheader

Still no word from Buzz or anyone else in the path of those Tornadoes ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Bibbyman

We're not in Illinois but they're saying we in Missouri had over 100 tornados reported from the storms that went through Sunday night and early Monday morning.  We were lucky and only had high wind, heavy rain and hail about the size of marbles  that covered the ground.

The local paper had photos of a house east of Fulton broke in half.  We've had a lot of visitors today and they all had stories.  South of us and west of Muleman two mobile homes were destroyed along with a barn in conformed tornado.  And I've heard of two barns being blown down.  That's just in our county that didn't see nearly the damage other places did. 

I hear Monroe Missouri was pretty much destroyed by a tornado in a super cell that had came though Columbia Missouri and continued through the middle of Illinois.

I talked to a log truck driver from St. James Missouri that said they had gulf ball size hail that beat the windows out of every vehicle they had.  The man telling the story said there were holes in the yard every few inches apart and about 6" deep that looked like someone had made them with a hoe handle.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Fla._Deadheader

Glad y'all escaped damage, Bib. Had my fill of them when we lived near Arkansawyer's place.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Kirk_Allen

Still no word from Buzz.  I have left him a message and hope to hear from him by tomorrow.

I went to Springfield today to take a look at the damage.  OH MY  :o :o

It hasnt hit National News becuase NO ONE was killed.  They have confirmed it was 2 Tornados in the F2 class. The destruction was pretty overwhelming.  One one corner on the south side of town there was nothing but a foundation left with pipes coming out of the ground.  Right next to that foundation was a home that was UNTOUCHED.  It is amazing to see.

They are collecting ALL the trees and taking them to a collection site on the south side of town.  FREE MULCH for anyone that wants it and I was told that if you can load any of the logs you can have all you want. 

There has to be 500 walnuts in that pile :(  Boy is now ever the time to have a nuckle boom loader  :(

Kirk_Allen

All is Safe and Sound at the Buzzsawyer Ranch 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

He left me a message last night and said he has been hunkered down at the house for several days.  The storm went north of him so no tornado on his turf ;D

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Kevin_H.

glad to here everyone is ok

We had several come close to us on the nite of the 12th, I got called in and we staffed every avail. ambulance the nite of the 12th.

We were lucky that we had no loss of life on this side of the river, but we lost several farms and a large john deere dealership. Some of the large transmission lines and substations are still down.

I hope this link will work, it show the path on the strom that killed 2 in st. marys mo. and then came across the river.

Looking at the page, it is the lowest path on the first map

Tornado Outbreak
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

DoubleD

Kirk thank you for the good news I am glad that everything is ok for the Illinois members :)
Wannabe a sawmiller

asy

Glad to hear everyone's Ok there...

Must be a windy week all over.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!