iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deer season

Started by RMay, November 07, 2002, 05:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Don Staples emailed this too me to post here.
Jeff, thought this would be of interest to you hunters up north.  I no longer  have the ability to adjust the size of a JPG I send, will correct that shortly.

This is opening day of an intensely managed hunting lease in east Texas.  High dollar set up.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Wow!  That ought to slow them down.

Dugsaws

Just thought I would post a pic of my scrub nine point that I got on the first day of PA deer season.
Doug

Ron Scott

A nice PA deer. We had a lot of deer up on the Allegheny NF, but it was hard to find a nice buck. Many anterless deer. That was back in the mid 70's.
~Ron

Norm

Deer season has been going since the first weekend of Dec., here, they upped the number of tags landowners get from 1 to 3, two of them having to be anterless. The first weekend my two sons came up and hunted with me. Each of them got a doe and I got a nice 8 point buck. After that weekend I hunt by myself for a couple of hours before dark. I hunt in an area that had a tornado go through in 1988. I like to just sit there and look at the trees and how the forest has regenerated since then, twice I have been sitting daydreaming with my head up in the trees when I'll hear something and have a deer almost in my lap. It's comical how the deer and I will spot each other at the same instance, I got so flustered the first time I pulled the gun up and the deer took off, I shot from the hip, shot about three foot behind the deer. My son laughed when I told him and commented " so shooting from the shoulder not hard enough for you".

Dugsaws

I was informed today at a family  Christmas dinner that the nice buck that everyone around the house was watching all summer was taken the first saturday of season it was a 10 point with a 26" spread. It was taken on my Grandmothers farm which joins our property and is less than a mile from my house. My cousin said he has pics of this deer when it was still alive and if i can get him to print it out i will post it, and i will post a few more pics of a couple more bucks that were taken on our farm later.

Doug
Doug

Thank You Sponsors!