iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heading to Europe again.........

Started by Burlkraft, March 10, 2006, 07:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

My lovely Jill....who is a travel agent came home the other day and said that Northwest was having a Europe sale. Then she had this sad look on her face and said too bad we can't go. :( :( :( :(

Well little did she know that I have been stashing cash from some of my furniture and wood sales and last night we booked our flights to Amsterdam. Then we'll take the train to Schoonhoven where she has relatives. ;D ;D ;D ;D

It has been almost 2 years since we have gone abroad....so I figgerd it was time :) :) :)

We are leaving on the 22nd and coming back the 4th. It will be good to see some more of the world....We can't wait 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

wesdor

I hope you have a great time.  Since you have relatives there, I suppose it is a given that you will enjoy yourself.  Are you staying in Holland or going other places?

A few years ago we spent a week in Haarlem and found it to be a really interesting place.  In case you have read any of  Corrie Ten Booms books (the Hiding Place, Tramp for the Lord, etc), her families clock shop is now a museum.  The main floor is (was??) still a retail space, and the upstairs has the "hiding place" now on display.  It is well worth a visit if you haven't been there before.

Bon Voyage.

Burlkraft

Thanks Wesdor....we'll have to check it out. You always find some interesting stuff when you just walk around the towns. The last time we were there we were strolling through Gouda and I found a guy who had a woodworking shop and was turning. We ended up spending most of the day with him. I picked up some pointers and I tought him how to do a revised Irish grind on his bowl gouges. That was a lot of fun.

Unfortunatly we are just staying for 4 days. we are going to spend a couple in Amsterdam. I love the museums so we'll spend a couple of days doing that. ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sawguy21

My late mom spent time in Holland, mostly Rotterdam, and loved it. She was really impressed with the cleanliness and the friendly people. The older folk remember the liberation and are still grateful. Have fun.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!