iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mcdonald T hardhat

Started by hilux, March 05, 2006, 08:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hilux

Do any of you guys have these if so do like them I know they are getting a pretty good price on Ebay , I found one in my Dads shed that is in perfect shape I sanded it and painted it high vis orange with a few clearcoats and now I dont want to use it because it looks so good , so I had to buy a plastic hardhat  .

boboak

If you mean the old Mac T tin hat...still quite a few around.   They're supposed to be outlawed by OSHA or whomever but a lot of the guys in the woods still wear them.  Madsens had liners for them awhile back but when those are gone I don't know any place else to get them.  I'll keep wearing mine until they make me quit it...plastic just doesn't feel right.
Sometimes you get things done faster if you do them slower

hilux

I see one on ebay rightnow new old stock for $250.00 they are getting up there in price, I also herd that about the OSHA thing I knew I should have bough the one at the logging supply house they were asking $75.00 . that was three years ago.

Reddog

If these guy's ever get it sorted out.
alum hard hat

timberjack240

i think ill stick witht eh perltor lumberjack system outta baileys that tin lid doesnt seem like the thing for me  ;D

boboak

Quote from: timberjack240 on March 07, 2006, 08:39:46 PM
i think ill stick witht eh perltor lumberjack system outta baileys that tin lid doesnt seem like the thing for me  ;D

Nothing wrong with the Peltor system...probably save a lot of eye injuries and hearing loss from happening.  The old tin hat is part of our logging heritage here on the west coast and something about seeing them still worn in the woods affirms the connection of history and now.  It'll be a sad day indeed when the last one is gone.
Sometimes you get things done faster if you do them slower

Ron Wenrich

I still have mine from my choker setting days in Oregon.  When I came back east, I just slid a pair of headphones under the liner.  I had a ding hat with hearing protection. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!