iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weird Feeling

Started by Karl_N., March 05, 2006, 09:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl_N.

I just swept up the floor of the barn I built 26x36 English style on Friday for the last time and I've got this weird feeling right in the pit of my stomach, I'm not sure what it is. It might be the same feeling someone might get when sending a kid off to college or out into the world, realizing that they are all grown up and won't need you quite as much anymore- I don't know, I can't shake it. Part of it is wondering where or when if ever I'll get another frame to put up, it takes a lot of nostalgia for someone to decide to pay for a timberframe these days when stick building or pole barns are so much easier and faster.
Anyway, thought I'd share my feelings with those of you who probably have been there before.

Don P

I know the feeling, alot of times I've driven over 1000 miles home after a job, the music box can go from ZZ Top to Robert Johnson's blues to off and unnoticed  :). Yeehaaa, humbled, and a little sad. We had one homeowner who said he got to the job the next day after we had cleaned up and pulled out. They were delighted with the house, he said he just sat in the truck awhile and drove back to their old house.

Thank You Sponsors!