iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ringtail Season's about here

Started by MM, November 06, 2002, 03:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MM

It will not be long! Raccoon season starts here in Indiana this week! I can not wait to let my old coon dog off his chain. This may be the last year I get to hunt him. You see he's getting old and can not jump up into my truck no more  :'( I guess I'll have to go hunting in my old 1972 blue surbuban. Before I got my truck I would let him ride in the back seat. Until one night I was hunting on my grandparents place. Hawk was no where to be found. So, I got in my surbuban and drove down the road a mile or so, Still no dog. So, I turned and went back to find him walking down the road. Buy this time I was upset. I got out and left the drivers door open. Not many people know that a 1972 surbuban don't have a rear door behind the drives seat. So, I walked around to the passangers side and opened the door. For some reason ole Hawk was acting funny. I finally yelled LOAD UP lound enough that he did. With out me smelling the skunk. Once I got a smell. I grabbed his collor and ripped him out of the truck. Before I could get back around to the drivers side he thought it was time to go home and loaded up into the fround seat! Not a good thing. I know some hunters who would have shot their dog dead right there. Not me. I hooked a lead to him and drove very slowly home and made him walk ( Home was only 4 miles ) I think I spent more time driving that night than hunting. Needless to say he slept half the next day!!! :D
M.L. Morrow
812/614-1825

Tom

:D  I love it !  It's worthy of the "funny story" thread. :D

DanG

Matthew, I suppose you have a pup for Hawk to train, this year. He sounds like a good'un.
He sounds like my ol' yard dog, Goofy.  He ain't a huntin' dog, but he's a super watch-dog. He's been train'n his protege, Pluto, for a while, now. At least twice a day, Goofy jumps on Pluto and beats his a$$. Pluto could kill him if he wanted to, but he just hollers a lot and runs away. Now Pluto has taken to whippin' Leroy's butt every time he gets a chance. He never hurts him, but shore shows him how its done. Pluto will be "top dawg" before long, but pore ol' Leroy has a lot of a$$ kickings coming to him before Pluto gets too old.  :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Weekend_Sawyer

One of the best meals I ever had was a coon that had been "Harvested" out of some grape vines. Tasted like he had been maranated in a plum sauce.

These days with all of the rabies scares I don't mess with racoons.

In 1996 my brother came out of his house, barefoot, after dark and stepped on a small coon just sitting outside his door. It was acting real strange, licking its arms, sit up then fall over. Well he ventelated it and called the county then called his Doctor. The Doctor had him on the series of shots before they even confirmed that it was rabid.

Anyway, it all turned out fine, except for the coon that is. My brother keeps an old rabies vaccanation tag on his keyring.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!