iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day with the Captain (and family)

Started by miked, March 04, 2006, 08:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miked

I've been lurking for quite some time, and, thanks to all, learning more than I had hoped. I had already become very interested in the Peterson mills, which is how I found the Forum in the first place. Today Captain hosted a get together at his place in Norton, MA. Quite a few people showed up and we all had a good chance to see the different mills in action, how easy they are to set up, ask questions and eat his food . (Thanks much to Mrs. Captain!!) Plus he got a little wood cut as well - so he made out that way, as well as presenting the equipment. He's got a used (not very used) machine listed on his website and it was brought in from out of state. All right. I'm ready to buy...now if I just had more money than dreams. Or even an equal amount?
Anyway, a big thank you to the Captain and Mrs. Captain for their hospitality.
MikeD

jpgreen

Sounds like y'all had a great time.  We need something to happen on the west coast..  :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Jeff

Looking forward to the photos. Its hard to catch captain in a photo other then a blur. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

wiam

Jeff,  I am sorry but I left my camera in my car in White River when I got in Vermonter's truck at 6:00 this morning.

Captain and Mrs.  I had a good time.  Thanks

jpgreen,  I got to run the ASM

Will

jpgreen

Go ahead- rub it in Will.. Rub it in!..  ::) ......... :D

Grappletractor

I don't remember seeing any thing in advance about this . Was it anounced ?

Captain

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=17364.0

Sure was....

We had a fun day, cutting lumber and talking sawmills.  We had big help from NFDBrian, and also Vermonter, wiam, miked, and DanK.   The party broke up just before 4PM, and Brian stayed on to help me finish a couple of more logs. 

Thanks all!

Captain

jpgreen

I seeeee... the old "Dangle the Peterson" to get ALL the logs sawed up trick...  :D

Jeff

I think many of you may have a certain board book marked to come back to the forum on. you miss out on announcments that way if you dont frequent all of the forestry forum. If you come in via our Front Door, www.forestryforum.com the announcements made on the announcment board through our calendar, are automatically listed on the front door of the forum.

Dank11

Hey!
Thanks to Captain and Mrs Captain
My son liked it kinda
He was a little bored (but not bored enough to muck stalls)
We got some good information
Thanks again

Grappletractor

I'd like to make a suggestion that next time there be a reminder here on this board. I for one hardly ever visit any other boards on this site. If I'd have known I might has made the trip . Sounds like it would have been fun .

Vermonter

Thanks for the hospitality, Captains.
It was worth the trip, and it was a long one at that.
As usual, wiam and I took a wrong turn (always when I'm driving), but it was a short detour.
Got back on the mountain at about 10:00pm.  538 miles, but only about 60 of them in 4WD.
New homestead

Jeff

QuoteI for one hardly ever visit any other boards on this site

You mean you didnt see the chance to win the free sawmills near the end of last year? We gave away two.  One went to PA and one went to Illinois. Shame.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!