iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another interest

Started by two saw, February 28, 2006, 08:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

two saw

This is another of my passtimes. It is a 1950 Farmall C. I bought it from a fellow three years ago and I only paid $400.00 for it and I drove it up on the trailer.
I also have a 1953 Farmall Cub that belonged to my Grandfather until he passed two years ago and after all the dust settled I ended up with it. I am glad I did because I know the other family members would have sold it for the money.
I will try to find a picture of it on my computer and get it on here.
I am slowly finding parts for it but it has been on the back burner for a while. Needs a grill and hood and a couple other things and some new IHC red paint.
Anyone else out there an old binder fan?

D&L TS 36 DTH twin saw

Tim L

my brother in law has a 1947 farmall A he scored from the original owner (actually his family) it seems the old boy was slipping a little and the only thing he could remember was how to fire up the farmall and go on tour ! My own IH is a 3500 backhoe with cab. thats considered new amongst my peers !
Do the best you can and don't look back

eagles nest

IH you bet   :) ;D i passed my grandfathers IH supper A on to my son after 21 years of service to me . grandpa bought it used in 1959 & overhauled it that year it is still running on the 1959 overhaul (needs it again)
i now move logs with a industreal IH 3414 back hoe
my dad is in to 8n's but im not impressed with them

beenthere

two saw
Take a look in Corley5's gallery. He has a 'stable' full of dem red ones, as well as a rainbow of other colors too.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

crtreedude

My Dad has a farmall - I don't know the vintage. He has a little 1 1/2 acre garden and he uses it to turn it over every year - and also to plow the driveway during the winter.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

mometal77

Hi, IH

I have a forum in the favorites on tractor repair and finding parts for tractors,bulldozers ect.
bob
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

IL Bull

I don't have any old Binders but I do have a 1954ish WD45 Allis Charmers and a 1976 Ford 420 tractor /loader /backhoe.  I just love that old iron.  Easy to work on and no electronics. 8)
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

thecfarm

IL bull what's a burg manual mill?Always looking for that differant mill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I have that on my want list. A small old tractor that I can do a few chores with, putter with, and take to the engin shows with me along with my drag saws.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ibbob

Here is my fleet of Farmalls.

300U, 350, 450

Bob

highpockets

Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

IL Bull

Quote from: thecfarm on March 01, 2006, 08:20:26 PM
IL bull what's a burg manual mill?Always looking for that differant mill.
Made in Oregon by the Burg family.  All manual and parts can be had anywhere.  I've had the mill for two years now and have had very little trouble and those problems were mostly do to me. :P :D ;D
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

MotorSeven

Gotta love those old tractors! If your looking for parts, you can try www.Tractorbynet.com, they have an antique forum amog other things.

RD
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

twostroke_blood

Two saw,

Those C's are pull'in little devils in their weight class.  Here's my old tractors, a 1950 TO-20 Ferguson, and a 1955 OC3 Oliver crawler.

ex-racer

This '54 Farmall Super A is my workhorse.

My woodlot is very hilly, with a "hauling road" through the middle of it. I use the winch to get the logs to the road and the hydraulically operated "gizmo" to lift them up out of the dirt.

Ed

Corley5

Yup, we've got some Red Tractors and some JD green ones, some Flambeau Red ones, some Persian Orange ones, and some Oliver Green ones.  Careful it's addictive and will get out of hand  ::) ;) ;D  I speak from experience ;) :)  I've been pointing out tractors to Jeff B for a while now. ;D 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

highpockets

This ain't a tractor but it is old. A guy brought this engine to me the other day and wants me to machine him an adapter so he can bolt an old flat belt pulley to the engine.  I am hoping that there is an adapter out there that might fit so he could buy it instead of me having to machine one. 

:'(   
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

Chris Burchfield

You can check for an Antique Engine and Tractor Club in your area. I have and rebuild my Grandad's 1923 Fairbanks Morse 6 1/2 HP Model Z. Bet it weighs 600 lbs. My grandfather was a blacksmith and a farmer with three girls first, then six boys. My dad was the baby of the family. Passed away in 98 to the lung cancer. My earliest recolection of anything, with pictures, was my dad and I going to the store on Granddad's Cub "Tactor." Least, that's the way they say, I said it. Years later, as a 17 year old, I cut the yard for Miss America, `1964? here in Memphis. She was and still is married to a world renound Doctor for eyes, nose, ears and throut? Specialty in ears and hearing Dr. Shea. They had an old worn out cubcadet lawn mower. This is typical of today's lawn tractors. However, the cadet had the exact same smell as my Granddad's Cub. Strange how the smell brought back memories.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Thank You Sponsors!