iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

portable sawmills

Started by art by george, February 28, 2006, 11:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art by george

I am looking for a portable sawmilling service that serves the Central Florida area.  I am a chain saw carver and have logs that need milling.  Anyone know of a miller??  Thanks for your help.

jpgreen

Lots of them here.

Maybe Getoverit Ken is by you.  He's in Hilliard...  :)
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Fla._Deadheader

What happened, give up on Harold and Ed ???   ::) ::) ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

getoverit

I'm in north florida, but I am portable and can travel. what part of florida are you in exactly?  send me a PM if you dont want to post that here.

I also know of another sawyer with a bandmill near Gainesville and Fla_deadheader and his son Ed are a litle further down in the state. I'm sure one of us can fill your needs if we know where you are.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Fla._Deadheader

Y'all rekollekt some pics of short logs and hard wood from the Miami area that we saw ???  That's who George is. I have posted some of his carvings on here, also.

I think he figures I moved and took the Mill with me. He needs short stuff sawn and we work about a 6 hour day to fill his shop so he has trouble working in it. He likes pieces sawn wide, so he can get the chunks that he sees a creature in.

George makes some beautiful carvings out of trees that were brought to this country from places the Immigrants moved from. This is how I knew if I could saw the stuff Fred has.

Might just take Ed and Homey back to CR when I return. Ed is supposed to contact George and set up a time for us to cut for him while I'm in the States.   Hey George, where ya at, Son ??????
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!