iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bandsaw motor swap

Started by jake12, February 28, 2006, 10:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jake12

i just picked up a breezewood band saw . it has a 25 hp electric motor and i am going to change it to gas or diesel motor. the electric runs 3535 rpm's . any suggestions what hp motor to replace it with ...ty  dale

D._Frederick

Get the biggest size diesel engine that will physically fit your mill engine mount. It should be at least 40 horse power to match the performance of the 25 hp electric motor.

jake12

ok thanks ....any suggestions where i can find one to buy ?   ty

Tom

Kubota, John Deere and Caterpillar, all three, make 40-50 horse diesels used in this industry to power band mills.  I dont know where you would get one accept to visit  one of their Industrial market salesmen.   Perhaps yo might find one used, but I wouldn't know where to start on that.

mike_van

Surplus Center in Nebraska  800 4883407  www.surpluscenter.com  has engines sometimes. I have a last years with a 31 hp Yanmar diesel on the cover new for 2195.00.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

jake12

thank you all for the help... ;D

Brian_Rhoad

Breezewoods came with 23 HP Kohlers or 28 HP Kubota. I have a B2000 with the Kohler 23 HP. Kohler and Briggs make 30-31 HP engines that would fit your mill. I'm looking at the Kohler 30 HP for mine. An Amish engine shop near me has the Kohler 30 HP for about $1600. The Briggs 31 HP is a little more money. Briggs also makes a 3 cylinder diesel that may be worth looking at. You will want to watch the weight.

jpgreen

Here's another engine swap to consider...  ;D

-SWAP-
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Thank You Sponsors!