iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Don Knotts is gone

Started by Tom, February 27, 2006, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I'm going to miss that fellow. He was so funny.   Andy Griffith and he fit together like hand in glove.   Just looking at him made me laugh.  I don't think I ever heard of any bad press or him doing anything wrong or being difficult.  He didn't have to say anything, just give that wide eyed looke that could mean, "I don't believe what is happening" or "my!  What just happened", or "i'm a mean hombre'", or "I gotta get outta here".   

Yep I'm going to miss him.

Jeff

Some of my favorite old movies. The incredible Mr. Limpet, The ghost and Mr chicken, reluctant Astronaut The Shakiest gun In the West.  ALways gotta stop for one of them whey you come acorss one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

He was the epitome' of "anxious".

He was so good and so  professional that you couldn't imagine him outside of his role.

Kevin_H.

We lost Dennis Weaver on friday also. I can remember sitting with dad and watching Mc Cloud
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Tom

He made a limp famous, and his "Mr. Dillon" is a signature classic.

CHARLIE

I used to enjoy watching "Man On The Street" on the old Steve Allan show. Don Knotts was one of the "men on the street" He was Funny with a capital F.  He'll be missed.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

I didnt hear about Dennis Weaver. He was quite the environmentalist. I guess thats three when you count Darren McGavin. Seems most famous role was a later one as Ralphy's dad in the movie Christmas Story.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Just a few days ago Dad and I were watching Andy and Barney on TV Land and wondering if Don Knotts was still alive.  We decided he was but it didn't last long :( :(  I liked him on "Three's Company" also.  We lost three good ones in a short time period
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Weekend_Sawyer

Deputy Fife, One badge, one gun, one bullet.

I really liked the Ghost and Mr Chicken.

What was the one where he was a small town guy turned playboy?

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

shopteacher

Man, I loved all three of those guys. They were all great actors. Darrin McGavin was in a show where he was a reporter always coming across vampires, werewolfs or some other thing from the dark side.  Can't remember the name of the show, but I do feel good about remembering my own.

On a much sader note a student in my material 3 class was killed in a car accident last night.  Senior in high school just ready to go out into the world and now gone. Sad, it's really sad.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

SwampDonkey

Yes i saw the news of their passing on the News Hour. I remember Knots in 'It's a Mad Mad Mad World', 'The Apple Dumbling Gang' and the sequal, and 'Andy Griffith', 'Matlock' and 3's Company. I always wondered why he wasn't part of the act in Carroll Burnette. I thought he was older than 81. He always seemed so frail in the last few times I seen him on TV.

I liked Weaver in 'Gunsmoke', and the movie 'Duel'. That was a cool movie. All the good old timers are leaving us.  :'(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: shopteacher on February 28, 2006, 10:40:27 AM
Man, I loved all three of those guys. They were all great actors. Darrin McGavin was in a show where he was a reporter always coming across vampires, werewolfs or some other thing from the dark side.  Can't remember the name of the show, but I do feel good about remembering my own.

I think it was 'Kolchak:The Night Stalker'
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tim L

trivia question : Which movie was it that someone yelled atta boy Luther !
Do the best you can and don't look back

jtmccallum

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on February 28, 2006, 09:02:49 AM

What was the one where he was a small town guy turned playboy?

Jon

I believe that was "The Love God".  My favorite line in that movie was when he was handed a drink by one of the girls and replied with the toast  "Well, here's how we lost the farm"         :D
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Thank You Sponsors!