iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 056 AV oiler repair

Started by Bobo, February 25, 2006, 03:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobo

I have 20 year old Stihl 056 AV saw that I am restoring back to life. I got it to start but I am not getting oil up into the chain/ blade area. I changed the oil, blew out the area with an airhose; but, still....no oil.
Is there some 'fix' that I can add to the oil or do I need a repair manual to tear down the
oiler area??
It really is a great saw so I would like to keep it going if I can. Does anyone any suggestions or repair diagrams to help.

B

Kevin

The plunger may be stuck, you could try a good cleaning or one of the gears may be damaged.
Make sure the screw is open on the bottom that controls the output.

wiam

I have had the end of the wire that drives a pump break off.

Will

stihltech

056 uses a toothed gear on the crank and a toothed sprocket wheel with a worm attached to run the pump.
Look in the oil tank to see if the pickup screen is clean. This may be accessed by removing the clear plastic plug in the lower right side of the saw.
Pull the clutch and sprocket. Make sure the drive pin is in 1 piece. (This may be what you called a wire).
Remove the plastic cover. Now you will see the 2 gears. Check that they are not missing any teeth, and that the worm is still attached to the plastic gear.
If all looks good, remove the pump and gasket, look for dirt under the gasket, in the passages.. The adjustment should only go 1/4 turn. If it goes farther, the pin on top of the pump is broken and needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps.

Thank You Sponsors!