iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NEED A LITTLE ADVICE ON PETERSON SAWMILLS.

Started by dredgeslavedave, February 23, 2006, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Wahl

And here all this time i"ve been looking for gold amoungst all this sawdust!
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

Fla._Deadheader

Thar's gold on this here Forum, with all the info provided.  8) 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tome

I don't know about other states but an added expense here in Missour is the sales tax.  I had my ATS for 1 1/2 years when I got a bill from the state along with a penalty and interest.  They were good enough, bless there hearts, to forgo the interest.  When I told them I didn't even know that I owed it they said, we know you probably didn't know but that is the law.  Cost me an extra 490.00.

dredgeslavedave

Ouch!!!!! That had to hurt. Luckly no sales tax in Oregon. Dave.
3 Alaskan's and a Grandburg mini mill. The newest addition to the family, Peterson WPF 8 inch with electric raising winch

KnotBB

From one newbe to another welcome to the forum.  Feel like we are kind of neighbors as my wife's family lives in Burnt Woods, just over the hiill from you.  Just got back from two days over there.  I've spent many days moving railroad cars around in Toledo.  That was in a past life.
Twenty years ago I cut several 1000's of Bdf of spruce  and fir in Hidden Valley with a Mobile Demension.  There are some really big spruce in your area. 8)  They'ed sink most band mills.

I just got a swing mill and maybe we can get together some time and trade info and war stories.  Bet if we did the "who do you?" game we'd have several matchs.  :)

To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity.

jpgreen

Logs, swing mills, and a "full auto" state... who could ask for more?..  :D

Welcome Oregonian neighbors..  ;D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

dredgeslavedave

My ex-Father-in-law worked for Southern Pacific Railroad in the round house for years. He also spent a lot of time working road trips here in Toledo. I have quite a few large trees on my property that is one reason I am looking at a swinger. JP it cost $250 per year for the privilege of shooting full auto. Thank you, Dave.
3 Alaskan's and a Grandburg mini mill. The newest addition to the family, Peterson WPF 8 inch with electric raising winch

dredgeslavedave

Hey KnotBB, I proably passed you a time or two at the show today. That Lucas you got looks like a great mill. I wouldn't mind milling a few logs with you. If you need someone to tail for a day let me know,  Dave.

KnotBB

You're on.  Might even manage to pay you with a hamburger and a Pepsi.
:D

Size of logs is one of the main reasons I bought a swinger.  The only other mills I've seen that will saw really big logs are the dimension mills  I have a real fondness for Mobil Dimension and they're made right here in Oregon, but they're out of my price range right now.  Maybe later when I can get two shoestrings to run on.
Steve
To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity.

Husband

Hey guys, need to clear this up a bit :-\. We ship all mills over there with motors UNLESS they go to a trained RC to have one fitted. This way we can be assured that the mill has all the safety stops, gaurds etc in place as should be and fully functional. Sorry if it was mis-interpreted to read otherwise and take the wind out of the sail for those who thought that they were going to save a few bucks :-[.  Be assured though, it may cost a bit more now, but save you loads down the track.

Remember, YOUR safety comes first and is priceless. Happy and safe milling all. 8)

Chris

Minnesota_boy

Chris,

Thanks for clearing that up.  It seems a shame to pay shipping of the engine to Australia, just to have it shipped to the U.S., but when you bring up the safety issue (and of course the liability issue is in there too) it makes a lot more sense.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Husband

Just for the record.......it gets shipped to New Zealand ;), you Canadians always get us mixed up ;D ;D ;D :o

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

crtreedude

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Jeff

Thats just cause you live on that island south of cuba.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Minnesota_boy

Yah, we get all you people form down under mixed up, eh?  :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Tom

I thought it was off the coast of Brazil. :-\

Isn't Costa Rica just west of Barbados?

crtreedude

Boy, you all need to get out more!

I mean, how much history do you remember? Iran Contra - Costa Rica was were good ole Ollie worked from - until he was banned from the country for life. (Yes, that is true.)

So, how did I end up here anyway?

dredgeslavedave

Thank you all on the forum for all the help in something I knew nothing about. You can learn a lot by listening to the experts. I will be ordering a 27hp Kohler engine, not the 13hp Honda. It looks like for safety reasons it would be wise to get it now and not try to put one on later. Thank you, Dave.

Thank You Sponsors!